Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June Goals & Anniversary 4 Video



We celebrated FOUR years this month! June 1st we spent the day together in our city, wandering around, taking our traditional wedding attire pictures and tasting some yummy foods. As always, Kevin made a fun video to document our year of marriage:

Here's the link to the video, in case the below embedded video doesn't work: https://youtu.be/A08masVgy44



I have three drafts of started posts sitting in blogger. Three. Blogging ends up being put on the back burner time and time again. I miss it. I wish when ideas formed in my mind, they would quickly become typed words and a ready-to-publish posts. I've really worked on what I fill my plate with over the last several months. That is, what I'm spending time on. And of those things what type of value am I gaining for myself or am I giving to others? So while I enjoy blogging and do miss it, it doesn't give quite the same joy as sitting down at my beautiful scrapbook table and working on my books, or running outside with my puppy and watching her swim, or catching up with a friend over lunch etc. so it will probably continue to be on the back burner for some time, and that's okay with me. Thanks to those of you who continue to come back around! Yall are the best! And please know, while my blog has seen less action, I've been reading most of yours, even if you don't see a comment from me. Love my bloggie friends.

I will try and continue to do my goals posts though, because I enjoy these and they help me be more mindful and purposeful about the month ahead. Last month, I skipped a goals post, because, well Hawaii. Our vacation to LA and then Maui was an absolute dream and I can't believe it's already gone. Insert, so many sad faces here, also we have to go back!


but anyway, goals:

A look back at April Goals:
April
*Choose a date for the first IF Table with girlfriends. Date chosen by me and my co-planner but we haven't informed the ladies...whoops! So guess I'm halfway crossing this one off. Anyone done If Table out there?!? I'd love to hear how yours got started! It's a bit intimating to get it going.
*Buy that darn face moisturizer...any recommendations??? Didn't happen in April but DID happen in MAY!
*Try and get back into the prayer journal with Kevin, even if just one week! Yall, Kevin reminded me of this goal in April and I almost cried happy tears because I was so impressed that he remembered. That blessed my heart so much. Here's to getting better and better at this! May got missed but that doesn't mean June will too!
*Plan out our Houston wkend (NEXT wkend!)...I'm going HOME to Htown yall! Houston weekend happened and my plans basically went out the window but you know what? We had an excellent time!
*Stick to healthy eating/ working out...drop four pounds  I didn't go down four but I did go down two! All glory to God! I've been wanting to do an update blog post about my fitness journey since the first post...anyone interested? The change that has happened in my body is all due to the power of God and I'm so beyond amazed, proud and incredibly thankful for it.
*Consistently choose Jesus time....I was recently convicted on the amount of time I spend working out versus the amount of time I spend in the Word. I want to be conscious about evenly dividing both and being in prayer during some work outsDoing better on this but still have room to grow.
* Pay off another loan. I should have put this in the past month goals. In January we had a goal to pay off ONE  big loan by our trip to Hawaii, God is so gracious and not only have we paid off that one but we've paid off THREE others, and are on track to pay off another one this month..that's FIVE. God's dreams are always bigger and better. May didn't allow for a loan to be paid off but maybe June will be!
*Run a 10K, no walking, it's been a while since I've gotten back into "long" distance running since my half marathon. I actually ran a 10K last weekend unintentionally but we did stop a bit (text messages were coming in like crazy) but this week no checking messages, just running!  donesies! It went so well! I literally did it that very Saturday after this post went live. 61 minute 10K, thankya very much!

June
*Get seriously back into my fitness routine and healthy lifestyle. It's been rough getting back into it post vacation and I just don't even really know why. Time to get with it!
*Run a 10K again. I decided to make it a goal to run a 10K at least once a month on my own.
*Be purposeful about connecting with at least one woman from our small group.  This is a year goal that I've hardly worked on at all. I'm not sure what it looks like yet but I just have to do something about it more this month.
*Memorize more scripture.


What's on your goals for June? 
Would yall want a post on our Maui adventure?
I can't wait to share about the At Home event I got to attend this last week! It was a blast and that store might be one of my new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover