Friday, June 10, 2016

At Home Finds


A week ago I had the immense pleasure of being a part of the grand opening of our local At Home store. Being from Houston, Texas, I never recall getting overly excited about certain stores coming to the area. Probably, because we generally already had the store, just maybe a few miles farther away. But now living in Oklahoma, I fully realize how exciting it is when a new store "comes to town." Read, I now operate like a small-city girl. The Norman/Moore area has been steadily growing over the last few years adding a bunch of stores that it used to never have, constantly making this area an even better place to live. Our latest edition, At Home, and boy, am I excited about it!

As an interior designer working on my own home and local design projects, I have found our shopping options limited in Norman/Moore. I love me some Target like all of y'all but Target just doesn't have everything and sometimes I really feel their prices aren't all they're chalked up to be on home items.

I texted Holly the day before the event and asked her to come with me, so happy she said yes, and we had the best time together. We really didn't know what to expect when we stepped in At Home but I was super surprised! If you could combine the best of Target's home items, my beloved-The Container Store, World Market and then some, you'd get At Home, only better. I love that it's a giant store of all the small things for your home. They do have some furniture pieces, I was in love with their outdoor furniture items, but I think where they really shine is all the small decor pieces. Everything from rugs and lamps to big artwork for the walls and even organization items for your kitchen cabinets.

The grand opening event floored me! We were greeted by the store owner and plenty of At Home staff that really made us feel welcomed and seemed genuinely excited to be there. There were some yummies for us to munch on too. They gave us a history on the store, did you know they used to be Garden Ridge?!, and information on what to expect, which you can find more on below, and finally the opportunity to go shopping with some of their staff to understand the layout of the store and bring home an item or two for ourselves. It was fun getting to know the other guests there, many of whom were bloggers or social media gurus. Holly and I enjoyed telling people that we met through our blogs and had become best friends. Plus, I knew the gal organizing the event, but just barely, and I just loved getting to chat with her more while we shopped. Seriously, such a wonderful event in my busy work week!

I have to side note here: I really almost had a tear in my eye when I realized we were receiving a gift card to do a little shopping ourselves, I really didn't know what to expect but I did not expect this! I've been wanting to purchase a new lamp for our master bedroom for some time now but just haven't been able to spend the money on a lamp. I kept disappointing myself and telling myself to just wait a little longer. And wouldn't you know it? God hears our littlest desires y'all. This little gift from At Home gave me the opportunity to purchase a lamp! A better one than I really had looked at elsewhere too!


At Home describes their store as a "home decor superstore, carrying over 50,000 unique items at low everyday prices." I feel their description is pretty darn accurate. There is something for every room of your home here, there's even a section for our sweet fur babies! I also have to comment on the prices because I consider myself a pretty price conscious gal. I have to agree that most of the items are at lower prices than you'd find elsewhere but there are a some items that I'd say are on-par with other lower-priced home item stores. Nevertheless, you can't beat the selection. You may get a similar prices elsewhere, but there's certainly going to be at least 5x the options at At Home.

One more thing about At Home that I learned and found really fascinating. They have a design organization that makes it so much simpler for those of you without the "design eye. Every item in their store falls into one of these eight design styles: Library Luxe, Vintage, Gracious Living, Weekend Getaway, Boho Chic, Tribal Cadence, Urban Living, and Modern Metro. Personally, my style is a bit of all of them mixed together. Items in certain design styles are placed next to each other on the shelving. You can go down the lamp row and be able to distinguish the different design styles in groups lining the shelves. I'm loving this as a designer, because I could send a client to the store and tell them to come home with something mid-centuryish (which would fall under the Modern Metro/Urban Living) and they'd be able to easily find just that on their own.



I have a few more updates to make to our master bedroom, but I'm really enjoying how it's all coming together! The lamp was the perfect, last-item-I-needed for our dresser. I smile every time I see it now. I really can't wait to show you but I'm going to wait until the final reveal. I also have been keeping my eye on the lookout for a new lamp for our living room, Secret: I spied one at At Home that'll probably come home to me one day. I'm constantly making little changes to our home but you can find some home tour images here, a shot inside my craft room here and our old master in our old home here.


I had a major blogger fail and totally didn't take enough pictures! I'm learning snapchat and did quite a bit on there but yep, forgot to take enough to share here with you! Guess that means, you'll just have to go yourselves! If you want to see more before going to the store, search #AtHomeFinds in instagram and you'll find a bunch of great shots in the store.



As I mentioned, I did receive compensation for this post with a gift card to At Home. However, all thoughts and opinions mentioned here are truely my honest words.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I need this store!!! I have never heard of it before now, but it sounds AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing - I will keep my ears out for one opening on the east coast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun opportunity! So glad you finally got a nice lamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!!!! I actually just went to an At Home store here in Richmond! They have SO much stuff, I couldn't resist buying some food props :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover