Friday, March 4, 2016

The Out Serve Challenge



Do NOTHING from selfish ambition or conceit. but in
humility count others more SIGNIFICANT than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3


Our small group has been reading through You and Me Forever by the Chans and my has it been eye opening and challenging! Every page I think, I'm going to have to go back and read that. Many thoughts have me searching my heart and mind. 

The above verse was they key thought for our last group session. We were challenged to out serve our spouses. To think like Christ, going above and beyond. Loving in every way. It's been both fun to out serve Kevin and yet difficult. I've found just how often I want to just be selfish with my time and comfort. It's driven me to put myself further and further from importance. Thinking not only of Kevin but so many around me! Lord that I may exemplify your name by my actions!


Have you ever done an out serve challenge?

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!! Something I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going through the same book in Bible study! It is challenging me in so many ways (so many uncomfortable ways!), but I love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard this term, but love what it means! It should definitely be a daily challenge since marriage should be "100/100" vs. "50/50" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover