Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March Goals







 


Pictures from an unanticipated adventure- a high ropes course...a goal I never had decided to complete but am so very glad I did.

I tend to be afraid of goals to some extent. Goals too often become obligatory to-do lists that when I don't completely accomplish them, leave me feeling frustrated. But I'm working on making goals more reasonable for myself. With Kevin working most Saturdays, I make goals for Saturdays about the house work things I would like to complete. With every new week I'm getting better and better at this. So as I was reading a few of your goal posts for the month I thought, I can do this!

I love how many of you look back at the previous month. Giving yourself grace and celebration for what happened to the goals set a month before. I didn't really write February goals, but if I had, it would have been somewhere along the following lines:

February
*Set a date for our first dinner club Hooray! We not only set a date, we set two and held two dinner club nights. One at our home and one at our friend's home. We're doing the Bread and Wine dinner club.
*Prepare for our small group retreat Oh how sweet a trip this was. I tried HARD to not put too much expectations into it. It was such a good learning experience for me in that way. Overall, the whole trip was wonderful and I'm so glad we finally did it!
*Send in a small group story to the church It's been on my list for a long time and a week ago, I actually wrote it up and sent it in.
*Select girls and pick a date to do the IF Table Just last night over our dinner club with friends, I chatted about how hard this was because I didn't want someone to feel left out. I have such a better peace about this now and I'm really looking forward to actually crossing this one off next month.
*Purchase face moisturizer Back at Christmas time I got a sample from Sephora and really liked it. However, I never actually purchased it and completely meant to. Another month it was missed!
*Get back into my work out/eating regime Ever since Florida, I've been on/off and I'm over it. Unfortunately, it's taken me a bit longer but I'm back on track now! Just not quite enough to cross it off for last month.
* Dream/Research/Plan for our upcoming Hawaii trip on a "Hawaii themed" date night. The theme didn't go quite as well, we were hoping to find a fun seafood restaurant but turned up nothing exciting so we tried a new pizza place, and then hung out at Starbucks for a couple hours researching. We booked a few things and I'm more excited than ever!

March
*Purchase the face moisturizer cream!
*Stay on track with fitness/eating...2 months to Hawaii!
*Plan weekend for friends coming to visit us.
*Work with a friend on organizing the IF Table
*Stick to my home cleaning schedule.
*Organizer recipe binder: clean out, add new & edit
*Try at least two new recipes that I've pinned, dinners or desserts
*Get back on track with Kevin on doing our weekly prayer journal



2 comments:

  1. The ropes course looks so fun!! We've never done one, but one of our good friends goes all the time. Maybe I'll make that one of my goals ;)

    Yay to Hawaii getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you just reminded me I should really clean out my recipe binder! Its a mess. I have been trying to clean up my recipes on Pinterest...does that count? Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover