Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Currently.2016.Vol.I



Samantha has given me the bug to start writing again on this little blog. So when I read through Victoria's post, I got the itch to follow the link-up she joined. On a side note, if you don't follow and love Victoria's blog, you need to! I'm convinced we'd be great friends if we ever get the chance to meet. Love her.

What we're eating this week...  I made spaghetti squash this week so that and brussel sprouts have been my lunches, dinners have been salads and other leftovers. I cooked so much last week! I've been working on re-organizing my pinterest food board, and now I'm so excited to start trying out some of the healthy recipes on there.

What I'm reminiscing about... 2015. Man, I've been reminiscing about last year since new years day. It's almost like I'm having a hard time letting go of that year, it was so full of God's faithfulness and surprises. I think it'll be a year I will always remember for that. 


What I'm loving... navy blue velvet curtains. I'm totally infatuated with them and am utterly convinced they need to be in our bedroom. This is both excellent and frustrating. I've never liked our currents, they were a we-got-married-and-now-need-curtains-to-block-the-street-light-out-our-apartment-window curtains, so I'm thrilled that I've finally found something I really love. On the other hand, the ones I've been eyeing are just so dang expensive. Dear West Elm, have a BIG sale on your curtains please.

What we've been up to... we've been watching quite a few puppies while friends go out of town lately, I'm using it as an extra source of income to put towards our college debt, a major goal this year is to pay off more than ever before. It's been fun watching Paisley interact with different pups though. Some she's just LOVED playing with and others, she puts on her granny-pants and sits in her bed ignoring the pup. You know how people say your kids do what you do, I worry that my dog does what I do- impatient/likes alone time/grumpy when hungry.....whoops.

What I'm dreading... I really can't think of anything right now...other than, if the winter season sticks around too long...I hate the cold.

What I'm working on... I've been working, slowly, through a scrapbook with Project Life for our trip to visit Samantha. It's been so fun to remember all those moments that were truly a blast! We've also been slowly re-working our bedroom, the last room in the house that hasn't been touched since the day we moved in together, basically.




What I'm excited about... two BIG things. 1. We're headed to Florida SOON to see my family. Florida is a win and family is a win. I haven't seen my family since last Christmas. 2. Kevin and I have been planning a retreat for our small group over Valentine's weekend. Yall, I'm so excited about this. I've been dreaming of doing this for well over a year now, and I can't believe we're finally here. The cabin has been booked, the schedule set, and now Kevin and I just have some details and surprises to work out. I'm so excited!


What I'm watching/reading... well there's the Bachelor, of course, and Modern Family...basically my two favorite television shows right now. Oh! Downton Abby's last season too! I've been reading through Jen Hatmaker's For the Love. Such freedom from that book, I'm loving it.

What I'm wearing... tights with skirts and dresses because pants get old, and I only have so many shirts that can be worn to work with leggings. Today, I've got on a J.Crew khaki skirt with BCBG tights, Bandolino black booties,  black shirt turtlneck from Ann Taylor and a green cardigan from Target. I bought only one of those items. See the outfit.

What I'm doing this weekend... sweet, sweet time with my family. 

What I'm looking forward to next month... Gosh, hands down the Valentines Retreat I wrote about above. Also, Kevin and I have planned a date night to go get some seafood and start really planning our Hawaii vacation. Insert heart eyes emojii about both of these.

What else is new... Basically, just normal life. Learning to trust God through big decisions, and dream more, and prepare my heart more to hear Him, and to pray specifically. I loved this part of a message I listened to from Matt Chandler this week: "God is infinitely powerful, and intensely personal"




4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your Florida vacation with family! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog through Samantha's. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the navy curtains! We're moving soon and I'm eyeing a pair at the moment! haha

    Also, skirts > pants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you're blogging again!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover