Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Body, Marriage, Travel and Home Reflections


2015 was such a full and wonderful year, we may be a month into 2016 already but when I read The Cream to My Coffee's post recapping her year and looking forward to the next, I just had to copy her. I think 2016 will see some blogging but probably the continued theme of just random times. I want to write when I feel the Lord inspiring me, and when it doesn't take away from time with my husband, or friends. This year I'm working to strengthen friendships around me. So this little place will continue to take a back seat but I'm grateful to always have it here.


Body

2015
My body was a wave of emotions for me in 2015. I began the year frustrated and down about my in-ability to lose weight. I felt so big and so lost. I slowly began sharing more, praying more specifically, and really listening to the Lord's role in this part of my life. On the week I finally commanded His presence in control, the enemy's hold left and I lost four pounds. As the year would pass, I'd lose a total of 22 pounds, a couple pounds less than my wedding day. My confidence is stronger and my understanding of health and fitness is greater. I wrote a whole lot more in this post. I pray that I remember 2015 for the work God did in my body. I also ran my first half marathon, a goal I never imagined I'd make, and I'm pretty amazed by what the human body can do. God created quite the amazing creation in our bodies.
My bestie, Samantha, wrote about her journey here, I loved her post so yall should read it!

2016
This year I am still going strong on my health and fitness plans. I've got a few more pounds to go till my goal weight. I'm really hoping to feel spectacular in my new bikinis for our trip to Hawaii in May. I'm also continually working on my heart in this area. I want to be confident in myself because of the work God has done in me. And I'm also hoping that I can encourage other women that they can reach their fitness goals when they're laced with God.




Marriage

2015
Kevin and I grew a lot over the last year. We had hard conversations, and shed a number of tears. But we also spent many evenings joyfully. We made a goal to make more of our evenings together and we did a pretty good job of it but there's still room for growth here. I think our marriage in 2015 could be summarized by understanding each other better. I feel like we "grew up" some more last year and it brought to light many things in the future that used to feel far and now feel much closer. I'm proud of the tough conversations we had. I worked on being more honest, and Kevin worked on responding more clearly. I'm so thankful for this man.

2016
A general goal is to continue working on making more of evenings together, we recently purchased a puzzle so that's some new fun. I want to work on loving Kevin better through words this year, a love language of his that I feel I can be better at. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Lord grows us as we work through a marriage devotional series in our small group.




Travel

2015
My goodness. When 2015 began we were sitting in our closet, in tears about the potential to travel for a month or several months to Copenhagen, Denmark. Things escalated rather quick and before we knew it, by God's amazing work, Kevin and I found ourselves walking the streets of Copenhagen, on a jet plane to Paris for 27 hours, and catching a train to Sweden. We crossed three countries off the travel list we had yet toe ever create, we had yet to even imagine. We also were able to travel down to see family and friends in the Dallas area several times. Catch up on all our Denmark adventures and my top favorites of Copenhagen here.

2016
Two and half years ago my mom and her now-fiancee told us that we would be receiving his time share in Hawaii in 2016. We thanked them of course but didn't think much of it because, hello, two and half years yall. But here we are, 2016 is here, and the promise has remained in tact. We bought Kevin's plane ticket with his travel miles, purchased mine and set the dates for the time-share. My sister and her boyfriend get to some with us too. Another trip we never anticipated taking in the foreseeable future is happening and it's all because of gifts the Lord has given us. We are inexplicably excited and thankful. We are also heading to Florida soon to see my family, I might take a trip to Nashville, and we might sneak in a weekend in Houston, and New Orleans...so needless to say this year is filling right up with trips. Travel is one of our favorite things and we're looking forward to dreaming more travels up this year for the years to come.

Photo credit: the talented Katie Donnelly




Home

2015
We celebrated two year in our duplex this year, and we still love it here. Kevin helped me swap the layout of the living room, much to my surprise. I was also able to complete my craft room, my atelier, and it's my happy place. I love re-arranging and re-organizing our little home. As Charlotte Lucas said, "it is a true pleasure running my own home."

2016
This year we're working on making our master bedroom more designed. It's always been a hodge-podge of things, cheap things we found when we got married, and things we settled on when we really needed black out curtains at the old place. I've got my heart set on navy velvet curtains and it's been rather tricky to find some in my price range. I'm hoping our landlord finds it in his heart to replace the flooring on our first floor because my desire to clean the carpet by the back door to Paisley's sunless (ie: mud filled or dirt filled) backyard is over. My favorite place to sit in our home is on our sofa, I love watching the sunlight stream in from the front and back windows there, and I love watching little sleepy Paisley in her bed from there. As long as we're in Norman, and still paying off college debt, I really think we'll stay here.







2016 I pray that I learn to trust God's timing more, to rest in His promises, to choose to celebrate in the present, and to love my husband better than ever before in you.

but before I really say goodbye to 2015, my favorite posts of 2015:

Writing from my heart about a moment I'd always dreamed of.
Sharing pictures from a really special announcement.
Some wisdom the Lord shared with me about marking your marriage in love.
Our DC travel guide.
*really so much of what I wrote in March & April*
The sneak peaks into what makes our marriage work.
The first reveal of our Eiffel Tower portrait session with Katie Donnelly.
This stunning wedding because I so loved writing a letter to the groom and bride.
The most honest and vulnerable I've been, writing about my fitness/health journey.
My favorite DIY of the year.
The duck themed baby shower I helped plan.
The travel guide, sorta, that I wrote for OKC/Norman.
The blogger lip sync video.
Things the Lord taught me to develop.
Hosting a football themed watch party to kick off the football season.
Samantha coming to visit me.
Learning to re-adjust my morning thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did the post! Such a good way to sum up your year and to look forward to the future. And your travel experience is just so incredible. It is my dream to get somewhere abroad for work for a really short time - so happy that you were able to go for a bit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been in the duplex for 2 years, really?! It seems like just yesterday I was helping you move a few boxes down the street. Here's to a wonderful 2016 and all the wonderful things the Lord has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover