Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I am...



I saw Victoria post that she was going to be joining the #blogtemberchallenge and I decided to click over to investigate. It's pretty obvious that it's been a long time since I've stuck to a regular blogging pattern. I'm okay with that but I'd also like to get myself back in gear a bit. It's been great relaxing and focusing on other parts of life but I do still love blogging. Plus, the last time I was involved in a link-up in blogging world was so long ago that I don't even know when it was!

So here goes nothing! I'm looking at you #blogtemberchallenge

DAY I: Introduce yourself.

It's funny, you'd think this would be a really easy post but lately I've been thinking about just this more and more. My pastor has often explained that what we do isn't necessarily who we are, though it's often  how we introduce ourselves. He rarely tells people right off the bat that he's a pastor. Who are you really? Introduce yourself in that way, he's often encouraged us.

So if I were meeting your briefly, I might introduce myself a little differently but today I have the space to really introduce myself.

I am

...a child to the most loving Father, the King of Kings, the One who's there in my ever present time of troubles, the One who's provided in every way at every time, my Author and Savior, the Lord of all.

...a wife to a man after God's heart. A man who has pursued the hopeless romantic in me, and continues to do so daily. Happy Engagiversary husband! Check out those little faces!




...a sister and a daughter to a matching blonde-hair-blue-eyed family.

...a fur mom to a petite black lab who is in almost every way my child.

...a giver. I love to make gifts, buy gifts, give in service, give-give-give...we are often are re-arranging the budget because I felt compelled to give to someone in some way.

...a creator. I love to make with my hands, something that's passed down from my artistic mother, I'm sure. Crafting, drawing, scrapbooking, designing, cooking...I don't excel in all these areas but I love trying my hand at them all.

...a server. This comes as no surprise with the above description. If I can serve you in some way, I'm there. And when I can't be there, it pains me and I struggle with feeling guilt at times in this area.

...a learner. What Christ teaches me through the Bible is constantly shaping my day to day. Sometimes, I wish I could have just a little less to learn, sometimes I'm aching to learn more. I'm also learning in my career and my side careers. I'm learning to daily shape how I respond to my husband. I'm learning patience with my pup. I'm learning how I'll pursue parenthood. I wasn't someone who liked school, but I do enjoy learning when it's something I can choose.

...a life group leader. Whoa, who ever thought I'd write that?! I group up in a big, Baptist church, which I completely adored, where everyone went to Sunday School. Never in all my years in the church did I anticipate that I would essentially become a "sunday school teacher." I am far from a good teacher, and it is in fact my husband who leads best in this aspect, nevertheless I am a leader. My husband and I lead a group of people and try to spur them on towards Christ, be their cheerleaders, pray with them, and share so much laughter. It is a complete joy.



...a runner. That one is weird to say too. I think real runners wouldn't agree with my statement but for someone who used to loathe running with a passion, and now actually enjoys a good 4 mile run...I'd say, I'm a runner. I'm training for my first half marathon now, and who knows how that will change me.

...a blogger. Obviously, you're here reading these words that I've typed. For some reason, four years ago I decided to start a blog. My what I've learned! What friendships I've gained! What lessons I've shared! I know God has taught me many times smack dab in the middle of a writing a blog post. Blogging isn't something I saw myself doing but is now something I can't imagine ever giving up completely.

...a mother. Not in the traditional sense of the word. I've been a "little" mother since the day my first little sister, was born. It ties well into being a server and giver. I've been a "mother" to my friends, probably in more ways than they would like. I know the Lord has given me a heart to be a mother to children one day too, when that day is coming, I'm not sure, but I know I will be a mother to little humans one day.

...a Texan. Most specifically, a Houstonian. I spent nearly 18 years of my life in the great state of Texas, and as nearly all Texans do, I'll claim that fact with pride and wave a Texas flag in my home forever. #TexasForever

...a sun lover. Born in Florida (yes I'm aware this contradicts the above, I moved to Texas months after I was born), I love the sun, I love the beach and summer is the best season. No arguments.

...an organizer. I was that friend that all your moms loved because I organized your room for you. Yep, it's true. I'm certain I drive people I work with, and of course my husband, nuts with my unique organization techniques. It may be over the top for some but for me, everything has a place and everything should thus be in their respective places.



...a homebody. You wouldn't think this perhaps right away but it's true. I love being in my own home. It's why I love hosting parties, it's at my home.

...a hostess. As I just mentioned, I love having people in my home. Dinner, parties, movie watching...you name it and I'll open my home to you. It's greatly due to the fact that growing up, my home was the party home. All my friends in high school wanted to come to my house with my "cool" mom and all the fun we were certain to have. I strive to do the same now in my home.

...an interior designer. This is my day job. This is what I went to school for. This is what most people would hear coming out of my mouth first when introduced. My career as an interior designer has been full of learning moments, change, and plenty of  unique challenges to creatively solve. My junior year of high school it dawned on me that I should become an interior designer. And that's exactly what I pursued in college. I would never change that.

...a poofy skirt, big sunglasses, lots of pearls wearing girly girl who loves Jesus abundantly, is grateful beyond words for a handsome husband, and a learner of embracing each moment that life gives because each moment can be full of joy.


Brave Love Blog

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness YAY! I love that you're partaking... I also love the format of how you did this. Super well done, friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I love the way you approached this prompt! I think we have a lot in common in the giver/server/hostess area. :-) And I'm an actual mom now (weird!) but my youth group nickname was always "Mom" because I cluck over everybody and used to carry a huge purse with everything anybody ever needed in it. :-) I do have to disagree with you about summer... other than my husband having more time off in summer, winter is my favorite. I'm a big Christmas geek ;-) I'm looking forward to getting to know you more this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiiiii! What a cool way to introduce yourself! It's funny how we can describe ourselves in so many ways. You highlighted that well! Can't wait to read more from you this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! We have so so much in common! My husband and I are apprenticing to lead our own small group next year! How cool is God?! I feel so unworthy and like I know nothing but He has given us such cool opportunities. I am so excited to have found your blog. I love following other Christian wives blogs! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to introduce yourself! :) And it's nice to find someone else who likes scrapbooking (and crafting in general) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great things to be. Happy engagiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this post. Such a great way to *virtually* get to know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! So nice to "meet" you! I am also a "mother" when it comes to my friends so I was happy to read that i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 99.999% certain we went to MHS together! What a small (blogging) world. I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great introduction! I've battled with intros since not having a full-time job, and I'm often identified as my country of origin - super cool to be able to introduce yourself so fully here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are ADORABLE!!! I love your wedding picture you share, so cute :) This is seriously the best into and so descriptive! I love it :) I am also a girly girl.... love me some poofy skirts and my pearl earrings ;) I can't wait to follow along with the rest of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover