Thursday, September 10, 2015

Celebrating


Guys, it's Thursday and I awoke today feeling so happy for so many sweet little gifts from the Lord. Yesterday, I had a little conversation at my office to adjust my schedule a bit to allow me to be home earlier. I got a yes! Kevin and I have been praying over this, and talking about it a lot of the last three months. It's not a huge change but it'll allow me to be home with time to cook dinner for our little family. I've really missed this part of wifehood over the nearly two years so I'm really excited about the change this will make in our daily lives. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Last night, Samantha (who blogged again recently-hey girl!), confirmed her flight to come visit me NEXT MONTH! Yall I'm so pumped. I don't even know what all we're going to do when she comes but you better bet I'm already planning. I can't believe in just a few weeks she's going to be in my house! The final bit of news I'm beyond amazed to share. Kevin and I booked our flights to HAWAII for next year! It's pretty much a dream come true that we hadn't yet dreamed, gee God you sure do like surprises! We've got a place to stay covered so all we had to do was book the flights. Even better than celebrating that the flights are booked? Celebrating that one of those flights was completely covered with miles! Yep, it's been a good week.

Reading the #blogtemberchallenge posts from yesterday just sent me into constant reminiscing mode. To think back to myself at sixteen and all the little goals I had in my heart then versus now, it's so different. My bucket list items then included going to college and I'm going to guess meeting a boy was probably in there. The list wasn't long and it was pretty narrow minded I'm sure. I had no ideal how much my mind would grow or how much my life would change with the one decision of where I was going to go to college.

It's pretty extraordinary to think back and see all the little things click together. Those are the times you see God's hand so clearly, at least in my opinion. I love reading back through my prayer journals from time to time because I see each prayer answered, not  always in the way I wanted but God did respond to my heart. That is the beautiful part.

Goals and bucket list items are going hand in hand for me now. On a fun note, I seriously want to see baby turtles swim from the shore to the sea. One day, it's going to happen. On an adventurous note, I would love to travel more. Kevin and I are SO excited about our Hawaii trip, and our time in Copenhagen convinced us to celebrate the end of debt with a big European adventure, let's go debt pay off! Speaking of debt, paying off those college loans is a major life goal for us. Other than those rather general things, I don't have much of a bucket list. Mostly, I think my heart desires for this dream more than anything else, and one day we're going to get there.

Catch up on #blogtemberchallenge


Brave Love Blog

3 comments:

  1. God trulys works his hands sometimes where it is so incredibly clear. It is always an amazing reminder of what is to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool has your week been?! God is so good at surprising us!
    And, I find it so sweet what a priority getting home and cooking is to you - that's definitely something I take for granted but totally enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I've been a really bad blog reading friend lately. Anyway I want to hear more about this schedule change! Maybe a gelato date sometime this week?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover