Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Little Bit of Random



Not surprisingly, I've fallen behind on the #blogtember challenge. I'm in my second week of my new work schedule and I'm loving it. I've got some things to adjust, most specifically related to my morning routine, but being able to come home and fix dinner has just been such a delight. Last week, I cam home, put mr frank sinatra on loud and putted around the kitchen with dinner and dishes. It was such a delight. Once this schedule becomes second nature, I'm going to be on a roll.

That pretty girl spent her whole Saturday with me last weekend and we had so much. We went to the Sooner football game and tried a couple of the Tone It Up face masks and body scrubs. We also tried making brownies with black beans...yall this was a win!

Lately, I've found myself in a mode of thankfulness. Let's be real here for a moment. Last week I got yet another call for a hospital debt bill from 2009. Yes, you read that correctly. It's been an an on-going issue that I've mostly just run into brick walls about. It's gone from being taken care of to not. This week I found myself yet again faced with this unfortunate issue. Immediately I felt my body warm and tears begin to well in the corners of my eyes as I sat on the phone with this new person working my debt case.  It took me a good bit to actually respond in a more thoughtful manner as opposed to my most-immediate-human-nature-emotional reaction. I fought the urge to be mad and just let the thoughts of, "this just isn't fair," take flight in my mind. It wasn't easy. When I stepped back though and thought through it, I found things to be thankful for even in this very situation.

I'm super looking forward to my very first studio friend from college being here Friday night and Saturday. We haven't seen each other in a while and we always enjoy checking out new things together. I also have a birthday gift that I picked up for her in Denmark because I totally missed her birthday being there. I can't wait for her to see it. Hi Sarah! See you soon!

Samantha blogged about coming to Oklahoma yesterday and I just skipped and smiled big as I read it. SO STINKIN EXCITED! Man how the Lord has blessed us with a sweet friendship!



And there you have it, super randomness...lots of little started blog post thoughts in one...



5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're dealing with stupid debt issues. Medical payments are the WORST - especially when you get the run around. I hope it all gets figured out soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. From 2009? I can only imagine how frustrating that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the hospital bill situation gets sorted out soon :( That's no fun!

    But I'm glad you're able to be thankful, even in situations like that! And I'm so jealous that you and Samantha will get to hang out together next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to change up my morning routine since it mostly consists of rolling out of bed with 5 minutes to get dressed and take the dog out. Glad to hear you've been feeling an attitude of gratitude lately! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black beans in brownies? Now that's a surprising twist!

    I really hope the hospital bill thing gets settled and solved asap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover