Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I'm working...

 

I've been working on a lot of things lately. The last few weeks I was working on finishing my college scrapbook of freshmen year, yes that means I have 3 more to do. Kevin and I worked together to make a "coffee table book" out of the architectural pictures from our time in Copenhagen, shout out to Artifact Uprising for being the most awesome photo book out there (and no, I don't get discounts or anything for saying this, I love them that much). I put together the details of surprising a most special friend for her birthday. I've been adding miles to my weekly Saturday runs, so far I've got 7 total but 6 consecutive, to prep for the half marathon that I'm sure will be here before I know it in November. I've been working to do more things around the house to help my husband.

But most importantly, I've been working on listening to Holy Spirit within me. I have been stuck on a verse on fruits of the Spirit,  yes that one we've been memorizing since we were kids:

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Galatians 5:22-23

Did you catch that last fruit? Self control. Wow, yall. That can pertain to a lot of things but for me it is pertaining to the way I eat, and most notably sweets. As you may remember, I've come a long way in my journey with foods and I understand a whole lot more than I ever have before but  I'm still working on changing my patterns. And the sweets still tempt me. So lately, or very recently, I've been working on really looking at what having the fruit of the spirit of self-control looks like in me. Am I choosing to yield to the Holy Spirit? Am I allowing myself to be led by the Holy Spirit?

Whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it ALL to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

As I've considered those questions above, I've also considered this verse. Everything I do, and everything I eat matters to God! Is it all glorifying to Him? Do I honor Him with what I'm eating?


Walk by the Holy Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of our flesh.
Galatians 5:16

That verse is a pretty big deal to me. If I yield myself over to Holy Spirit and listen to him when he's knocking on my heart, because yes I can hear him telling me no- I just keep ignoring, I will walk away stronger. I won't have to gratify that desire because I'll have something better to gratify me- my sweet Savior! Everything matters to God. Every moment of our day. Every choice that we make. It all matters to Him. Because in everything we do, we are showing whether or not we choose Christ, whether or not we trust Him fully, and whether or not we're choosing to be His witnesses. People are always watching.

Not by my might or by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty.
Zecharaiah 4:6

So lately, I'm learning to choose Holy Spirit within me. I'm working to listen to His voice inside of me. I'm working to be obedient to His instruction. I'm working to lend myself to His strength. I'm working to understand that the Lord has great things for my body if I simply and daily give it over to HIM!



God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out.
1 Corinthians 10:13

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful things to be working on in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have so many awesome projects going on!! :) And I love 1 Corinthians 10:31!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover