Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Home.




I am giddy with excitement and thankfulness to share what I've really been up to these past two weeks. I announced a few weeks ago that Kevin and I received word that he would be working in Copenhagen, Denmark for a month, and then I received amazing news that my company was going to allow me to join him for the middle two weeks. So amazing, so thankful...to God be all the praise! The sweet words of encouragement, the prayers, the generosity...I can't say thank you enough to all of you who were involved in this adventure with us. We thought of each of you during our trip.

So yes, if you're catching onto it, I was actually in Denmark, and Paris and Sweden, the last two weeks. In the interest of safety we shared only with family and close friends that we would be gone and I tried to stay as non-specific on the blog as possible. Perhaps you're sharp and noticed some of the blog links I shared said .dk on the end of them instead of .com or perhaps you noticed the couple of instas I shared about our 24 hour trip to Paris, simply just had to share about how excited we were to get some time in with Katie for some shots of us by the Eiffel...oh I can't wait to see them! Well, I'm home now and I've just got oodles of blog posts started and plenty of pictures to pilfer through to add to them. I plan on sharing quite a bit about our trip.

I had the privilege of being a housewife for two weeks, and let me just tell you, boy did I learn some things in that. I did as much exploring as I possibly could, took advantage of nearly everything free to do, and definitely tasted some of the fine pastries made by the delightful Danes. I learned that I'm not nearly as good at riding a bike as I thought, both of my legs are covered in bruises to prove it. I also learned that deciphering cheeses at a grocery store is incredibly difficult when everything is in Danish, lucked out the first time and the second time, eh. I learned to deal with cold weather and I rode a bike in the rain not once, not twice but three times! I realized that I should have brought only two shirts and like five coats... because really the pictures only show my one coat that I brought and not the cute outfits that I planned and are hidden beneath. I've got pictures of the inside of the apartment we stayed in and nearly everything my eye balls saw. I learned how to use the camera better, well a little, and I got some reading and relaxing time in.

Needless to say, the two weeks were jam packed but simply incredible. A part of my life I will never ever forget. I definitely left a piece of my heart in Copenhagen. Who knows what the future can hold but for now I'm thankful that my two days of traveling are over (a story for another time) and I'm back in my own bed, with a tub in my bathroom, with my puppy girl at my side and Mexican food at my fingertips.


3 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to have such an amazing time! The pics are lovely and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such an awesome trip! I also make a habit of only blogging travel plans after we're home. You're a smart lady. That's an incredible experience to have--and yeah, about coat, that's pretty much how I felt the entire time we lived in Michigan during every 6-month winter season. As far as anyone else knows, my entire wardrobe consists of one puffy winter coat. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm so glad you had a great time!!!! I'm pretty jealous and can't wait to hear stories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover