Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Quiet House

(This post was written before our trip overseas. In interest of being safe we chose to not share about our time away until we returned. There will be a number of posts shared in the coming weeks that were written several weeks ago. )


...........................................................................................................................................................................................



My house feels especially quiet right now. I can hear the sound of the fridge vibrating and I've got a load in the dryer on wrinkle-release. The morning sun is beginning to come through the window curtain that I've yet to part. My puppy is curled up in a ball sleeping in her living room bed, which she adores-one of our best purchases for her. The house is messy, I've got dishes in the sink, things to be put up everywhere, and Paisley's toys sprawled around the first floor. My to-do list for today is a mile long. But right now, as I sit and wait for the laundry to un-wrinkle so I can hang it and take it to the consignment store (any way to earn a bit of extra cash!), I'm noticing just how quiet my home is.

There's something about my husband leaving on a trip that makes my home especially quiet. Saturdays are generally "quiet" for me. He works every Saturday so it's just me and Paisley cleaning house and making crafts. The quiet on most Saturdays is drowned with Ellen. Saturdays are Ellen days. I play all the episodes I missed during the week as I clean. But today, I can't seem to turn on Ellen. All I hear is the silence of my home. It feels emptier.

I'm the one who has most frequently gone on trips. They're generally short trips. A weekend here or there. Kevin's only left once really, for Japan a year or so ago. But when he leaves, I notice the almost eerie silence and emptiness in our home.

Before marriage, I really didn't cry much. I think Kevin had seen me cry only once, maybe twice before our wedding day. I could count on one hand how many movies made me cry, and I couldn't even reach five. Ever since our sweet wedding day though, I cry more often. Yesterday, I was nearly brought to tears listening to NeedtoBreathe explain their song Brother. Yes. Sometimes I cry during Ellen. Though, I have to say I don't think a tv commercial has left me in tears yet. I guess getting married brought out the more emotional side in me.

Today, I feel near tears. I'll see that sweet man of mine in days. Literally, it will only be 6 days until I see him again. But right here, this morning, my house is quiet and Paisley and I miss the man of the house.

Father God, please keep my husband safe and cared for during his travels. May his interactions with people shine your light. May his heart be guarded. Protect him. Watch over our little home and our puppy girl. Give us great peace. May our faith be ever growing. Thank you Lord for your goodness. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for saving us. Thank you for always providing. Thank you for being our King. -Amen

1 comment:

  1. It must have been hard to be apart so long. It's so nice you did get some time though :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover