Wednesday, March 11, 2015

We're Going to Denmark!


As you read that line, I hope you can imagine me saying it in a very excited fashion and pointing directly to you, just like Carly did in the Bachelor when they were going to Iowa...not with me? Okay, I'll move on...

It's true! We are indeed going to Denmark! Copenhagen to be precise. I wrote a couple weeks ago about how my heart was working through anxiety, learning to trust God through this whole experience. Well this little adventure is why!

We learned back in January that Kevin's company might be interested in sending him to help prep their new office location in Copenhagen. They wouldn't do anything official until very shortly before they would want him to go. Well we finally got word and had a matter of weeks to get everything straightened out for his departure. He will be gone for an entire month.

I began working with my office and looking at options for me to be able to join him. We had a short conversation about it in January but hadn't gone much further from there.It become pretty clear that it wasn't going to work out for me to go for an entire month. God gave me such a peace about the decision, after initial disappointment of course, and I was able to talk to my office about a different arrangement. We reached an agreement to allow me to go for two weeks. I was floored.

Of all the experience the Lord has taught myself and Kevin about patience, this one takes the cake. for planner type-a peoples, we have really learned what it looks like to simply trust and rest in peace with this opportunity.

Every day since that conversation it's been just crazy. I haven't had a moment to process it really. I still don't really know what I am going to do every day while I'm there, as Kevin will be working Monday through Friday. But oh goodness, how I can see the Lord's hand on everything surrounding this amazing trip that we never expected.

So many of the wonderful bloggers I follow have taken trips overseas or talked about planning their upcoming trip overseas. I have loved reading each post and every time I would tuck it away in my mind, or on pinterest if I'm being really honest, and think, well one day I may want this. Kevin and I had planned on doing things in our country until our loans were paid off. We hadn't had a single conversation about going over seas other than one day we want to. And now, here we are. Going overseas. It's a dream come true that I didn't even really know was a dream.

God can do far more than we can ever guess, imagine, or request...ephesians 3:20

Oh how true that verse is. I see it in so many facets of my life and most recently this Denmark opportunity.



If you've ever been to Denmark or know of a blogger who has, please shoot me things we shouldn't miss! We appreciate all your prayers for us during this phase of our life and this upcoming adventure.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! (and totally jealous)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeekkkkkk! How exciting! Have an amazing time! I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's really cool! I'm glad you guys both get to go, that will be a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayayayay! What an adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ephesians 3:20---such a beautiful promise!!! what an incredible adventure!!! excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover