Thursday, January 8, 2015

One Life






This is my new family.

The man up there that doesn't look like the rest, he just asked my mom to marry him. Him and his son, will someday soon be apart of our family. Just three years ago, it was just me and my sisters and my mom. Then Kevin joined us and we were back to five again. Once these two officially join, we will be seven and no longer fit in one car, well at least not one any of us own. 

My mother has shown her faith in the Lord with every big decision. She's given her life to Jesus and she shows that nearly every day. She trusted in Him and despite the trials of a divorce, the pain of depression, the battle of cancer, and the difficulty of being a single mother she has persevered under the Lord's providence of strength and courage. She continued to hope, and now here she is, engaged to a man who also loves the Lord, loves her family and adores and loves her. It's crazy what the Lord does with our stories, is it not? 

A while back my church did a series called One Life, you can catch the entire series here. One life is all we are given, and we aren't even guaranteed the number of days our life will be. This year, I know will look different because I'm living more fully for my Jesus. This one life I've been given, I want it to be a life lived full on for the Lord so that others might come to know Him.

At this point, this post is starting to sound very scattered. It has a running theme to it in my head but lately I've had a cold and I can't seem to get anything out of my mouth correctly. Things are clear in my head but don't come out clear when I write and speak to others...so long story short, thanks for bearing with me...

At the end of the series, our church gave us the covenant below to declare over our one life. In my cleaning up the house this week, I stumbled across it again. It is entitled One Devotion Covenant, One Life 2014, but I'm going to declare this covenant over 2015 as well. It encouraged my heart, and I'm praying it does the same for you. 


One Life Devotion Covenant

Today, I am stepping across the line. I'm tired of waffling and I'm finished with wavering. I've made my choice, the verdict is in, and my decision is irrevocable. I'm going God's way. There's no turning back now!

I will live the rest of my life serving God's purposes with God's people on God's planet for God's glory.

I will use my life to celebrate His presence, cultivate His character, participate in His family, demonstrate His love and communicate His Word.

Since my past has been forgiven, and I have a purpose for living, and a home awaiting me in heaven. I refuse to waste any more time or energy on shallow living, petty thinking, trivial talking, thoughtless doing, useless regretting, hurtful resenting, or faithless worrying. Instead, I will magnify God, grow to maturity, serve in ministry, and fulfill my mission in the membership of His family.

Because this life is preparation for the next, I will value worship over wealth, "we" over "me," character over comfort, service over status, and people over possessions, position, and pleasures. I know what matters most and I'll give it all I've got. I'll do the best I can with what I have for Jesus Christ today.

I won't be captivated by culture, manipulated by critics, motivated by praise, frustrated by problems, debilitated by temptation, or intimidated by the devil. I'll keep running my race with my eyes on the goal, not the sidelines orthose running by me. When times get tough and I get tired I won't back  up, back off, back down, back out, or backslide. I'll just keep moving forward by God's grace. I'm Spirit-led, purpose-driven, and mission-focused so I cannot be bought. I will not be compromised, and I shall not quit until I finish the race.

I'm a trophy of God's amazing grace so I will be gracious to everyone, grateful for every day, and generous with everything the God entrusts to me.

To my Lord, and Savior Jesus Christ, I say- However, whenever, wherever, and whatever you ask me to do, my answer in advance is yes! Wherever you lead and whatever the cost I'm ready. Anytime. Anywhere. Anyway. Whatever it takes Lord; whatever it takes! I want to be used by you in such a way that on that final day I'll hear you say, "Well done, thou good and faithful one. Come on in and let the eternal party begin!"



(Note:I did not write the covenant nor do I claim ownership of it, it was written by and came from my church- JourneyChurch.tv )

3 comments:

  1. congrats to your mom!! what a beautiful testament of God's faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your mom and the whole family! And thanks for posting that covenant--it's so powerfully worded, I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family looks super happy (and congratulations to your mama)! Sending hugs and good thoughts your fam's way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover