Friday, December 5, 2014

A Night in Austin

It's my birthday eve!!! I'm still one of those I-love-my-birthday kind of girls. To be fair, I also love celebrating others' birthdays. And I share my birthday with my mom! So my birthday is also her birthday and thus it's our birthday! In other words, December 6th is the best day and it's tomorrow.

I thought I'd share some pictures and recap a little bit about a special trip I got to take last month. One of our product reps invited myself and my sweet coworker,  and others, out to a factory tour of Wilsonart down in Austin,  or just outside of it. Touring a plastic laminate company may not be your cup of tea but for me, it was amazing! #interiordesignerthings

In my previous position, I wasn't allowed to accept gifts like this and so getting to attend was really such a blessing! I have days when I miss my old job but the Lord knew that where I am now was going to be a place of learning and new experiences. I can't believe it's been over a year now that I've been here. Thank you Lord.

Wilsonart flew us out to Austin, with a stop to change planes in Dallas and we saw the Cowboys stadium from the plane, and gave us a the full tour of their factory, the history of the company, and a session with one of the lead designers for the patterns, which was so cool, and we even got to see Mr. Wilson's house, which was laminate extravaganza. The final night we spent in Austin. My coworker and I chose to take a brisk walk to the Capitol before a really fabulous meal. Then as a group we set out to experience a little bit of 6th street, which I'll have to admit was not exactly my cup of tea though fun to experience at least once in life.

I loved learning about Wilsonart but I truly cherished the time I had with my coworker. We had such a sweet time bonding, sharing stories, and chatting about just everything. I'm so thankful to have such a lovely friend and fellow sister in Christ, in my office, Again, thank you Lord.


 the bed and breakfast we stayed in for the first night




 one of the original sample boxes



















 Had to take this classic Austin picture.


What are you up to this weekend?
Ever been to Austin? I want to go back and take Kevin!



3 comments:

  1. First of all, happy almost birthday! Second, I can't believe you were in Austin! I absolutely love this city and living here is amazing. Sometimes I forget what a blessing it is until I hear about others visiting. I'm glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! i've heard Austin is just an amazing city, i really want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! That Christmas wreath you drew is your best yet! Make more and sell them :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover