If there was any one section for the IDPX that I kept having to review over and over again, it was the differences between drawing types. It's a wonder how something you learn so quickly in school and can do so easily in your profession, can become such a monster to remember in textbook terms. Below you'll find my easy breakdown.
One Point Perspective
- Point View is Perpendicular Object
- 1 Vanishing Point
Two Point Perspective
- Normal Eye Level
- 2 Vanishing Points
- Point of View Parallel to Plan
- 3rd Azis = Oblique
- Tilt Plan & Project Lines = SIMPLE
- Isometric: all lines parallel
- Dimetric: 2 foreshortened
- Trimetric: 3 foreshortened
Got questions? Submit them here anonymously!
How to Pass the NCIDQ previous posts: