Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Making it Official

Goodness does life bring curve balls! I can't believe a year ago I was turning in my two weeks notice at OU. There are days when I forget about all the tears, or the crazy moment when I accepted the job offer for my current position. This post is still completely relevant to this day even though it was written exactly one year ago today.

Last year we were in the middle of huge life changes with my job, and moving, and Kevin taking his first trip to company headquarters in Japan. This year we are going through new struggles, new hurdles, new challenges that beg us to trust our Lord wholeheartedly.

With family far away (aka, heafty holiday travel expenses), our typical heavy college loan payments, and unexpected expenses under a tight budget the recent months have proved to be a little more difficult financially. The biggest inconvenient expense being that Kevin's car transmission is dying, and since the car isn't worth replacing the transmission (advice from Dave Ramsey) we are starting to save some dollars towards purchasing a new-old car for Kevin in the near future. We have an emergency fund but we put any extra dollars at our college loans each month meaning that our emergency fund is appropriate for our living but not enough to cover a car purchase, even a used car.

So I'm using the talents the Lord has given me and opening myself up to doing some side business. If you caught this post a couple weeks ago, you saw how over the past year I've created over 40 different pencil art wreaths as gifts for people. Now, I'd love to offer up my talents to YOU and yours. 




Each piece is made completely by free hand. I used images on the internet as inspiration but there is no tracing going on here! All of it is done by pencil (unless you want gold accents, I'll use a tiny bit of gold paint for that). Each one is custom, these are not prints. You will receive the authentic piece when you purchase. Send me your favorite quote/Bible verse/your last name initial/monogram/name/anything you can think of for the middle and your favorite colors/flowers/graphics and I'll get to work. Available sizes are currently 8x10 and smaller. Let me know if you have a custom size project you want to talk about. 

Please email me (see contact page) and we can get to work!

Each piece is $25 + $5 of shipping costs. 

This post has lots of examples of previous done work. I'd love to make a special piece for you! Last year these were Christmas gifts for basically everyone in my family. They make great wedding/Christmas/house-warming/Birthday/Baby-Welcoming/etc gifts. Send me your ideas and inspiration today and we can get started!!

To be clear, no etsy shop yet...just doing it on the side right now. So email me!








5 comments:

  1. Yay! So exciting! I hope this helps you a lot. Also I'm e-mailing you about another opp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! I would love to have a masterpiece created by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I'm definitely going to have to go through my list of people for Christmas and hit you up for a piece or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea of how to supplement your income!!!! I hope it goes well for you, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover