Friday, September 26, 2014

Travel, Heart, & Steak



I am on my way to Houston as you read this. My mom and I are meeting up in Houston for our second Quincinera for a precious girl we've known since birth. We adore this family and we are so excited to get to go back and see her and celebrate this big life event with her and her family.

The last time my mom and I did this we sat through some stranger's vow renewal and completely missed the ceremony...not one of my mom and I's prouder moments but definitely something we can laugh about now and definitely one of the most embarrassing things we've ever done together. I wrote about it here, prepare to laugh at us.


Going back to Houston, eating at favorite old places, and driving familiar roads is always fun and brings up so many memories. I have no idea if Kevin and I will stay here in Oklahoma but I do know Houston will always share a special place in my heart.

This trip will be a little different for me. In the past I've always made time to see one specific friend. We spent most of our high school days together. We spent the college years miles apart but she stood with me on my wedding day. She has been/was a best friend for well over 8 years and for the first time ever I'm going to Houston and may not see her. Pray for my heart, if you would. I've not written about this on the blog, mostly because it is still so new and my feelings on it are still so very raw. The simplest thing to say is sometimes friendships just drift apart, I guess. It's still hard and I still love her and want the best for her but being in Houston without having even talked to her about it is so hard.


<My precious husband is excited to grill up some steaks in my absence and watch football till his butt goes numb. 

Here I come Htwon!
Ah the great state of Texas


What are you up to this weekend?


6 comments:

  1. what a great picture of you with the skyline! have a happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Texas! I hope you and your mom have a fantastic time. Also, I know exactly how it feels to have such an amazing friendship 'drift apart'. It's so unbelievably sad but inevitable. It's so, so hard!

    Brianna
    xobriannaleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an absolutely amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys will have so much fun! Houston is one of the big TX cities I've never been to--I've also never been to a Quinceanera, although Angel of course went to dozens in his teens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time

    www.highheelsandtutus.c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover