Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Song

This post is part of THE SONG Blog Tour, of which I am delighted to be a part, along with many other aspiring bloggers. To learn more and join us, CLICK HERE. -See more at: http://themoviescreener.com/thesong/#sthash.teerATG2.dpuf



I am well known for being a hopeless romantic, so when I was asked to watch The Song and then write about it, I was fully on board! To give you a basic premise, the movie is about a man trying to make it big in the music business on his own without being known only as his father's son. He falls in love, writes a song about the girl and suddenly his career takes off and he's faced with all the difficulties of the life of being in the music business while being a man of faith.

That's all I will share about the story line. I don't want to give away the whole movie because I WANT you to go see it when it hits theaters THIS month!

Throughout the movie, the words Solomon wrote so long ago in the Bible are spoken over scenes. It's not thrown in your face though, it's gentle and carries naturally with the movie. In fact this is the first
Christian movie I've seen in a long time that isn't painfully "Christiany," It is evident that the characters are Christians and are doing their best to figure out how to love one another the way Christ would but it's not over the top, it's natural. The difficulties the characters face are real situations people everyday face. I also love the way that both characters see where they've had their faults and both have to ask for forgiveness of one another.

I think the word that kept hitting me with the movie is natural. The storyline, the conversations, the acting...all of it is so much more natural than previous Christian movies. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed those, but I think we can all agree that they are often painfully cheesy. This is quite possibly my favorite movie for perhaps that reason alone. The quality was by far the best!

With Alan Powell from Anthem Lights, Ali Faulkner from Twilight, and Caitlin Nicol-Thomas from Nashville, the movie has definite talent. Richard Ramsey wrote and directed the film and Kyle Idleman was the executive producer. It was wonderfully done!


The story caught me up immediately and I loved watching the story unfold, even through the sadder moments of the movie. I won't lie, it is fairly predictable and it still does have some "cheesy" parts but I still really enjoyed it and honestly, what movie on love doesn't have a little bit of that?

Iwished my viewing period didn't end so fast because I would have happily watched it a second time.

Christ's love is marked by an incredible passion and never ending extent of grace and forgiveness. I think this movie does a sweet job of making that known.


Check out the trailer and then make plans to go see the movie!



The movie will hit theaters September 25th! Mark your calendars and find a theater near you!



2 comments:

  1. I hadn't even heard about the movie till today. It interests me--you're right that the vast majority of openly Christian entertainment has been of pretty low quality, I'm excited that more and more high-quality Christian films are being produced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh...I haven't heard of this but it sounds interesting! I'll be looking it up now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover