Thursday, September 4, 2014

Red, White, Mustangs Fight!



If you knew me in high school you probably wouldn't have. I blended into the crowd for the most part. Growing up in Houston and graduating with a class of over 500 students, it is relatively easy to blend in.

If you knew me in high school you knew that I loved my youth group and spent tons of time there. You probably knew that knowing the Lord and being poured into by youth leaders is what carried me through hard times.


If you knew me in high school then you were one of my closest friends and you were most likely a girl. I somehow ostracized myself from guys. I talked to them in class but outside of school and youth group our interaction was zero. Look through my scrapbooks and you'll see.

If you knew me in high school you knew I spent most of my time babysitting. I almost always had at least one babysitting gig each weekend. I started when I was 14 and was hooked ever since.


If you knew me in high school then you never cheered me on at a game or in anything extracurricular because I was not on a single team, ever. Ironically, despite me telling my sweet husband this over the course of our relationship he only recently realized that I was telling the truth.

If you knew me in high school you probably knew that I really enjoyed high school. The pep rallies, football games, movie nights with friends, pool parties, sleepovers, lunch hour outside...



If you knew me in high school you probably were embarrassed for me with some of my poor fashion decisions.




And with that I'm going to switch on over to Blogtember's topic for today: Pick a fashion trend you love and a fashion trend  you hate.

LOVE: the maxi dresses and skirts, the chambray, and just the overall embrace of more feminine styles of clothing (oh and I'm loving the bow ties for men!)

HATE: the cropped tops, the high socks, and the jean vests...I just can't













Believe in the SparksI participated in two link-ups today, blogtember and if you knew me in high school:
  
Join us!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks so much for linking up! I went to a really large high school as well. I didn't even know the name of every single person I graduated with. How sad is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you blogged today's topic. We had a lot in common besides I played sports. Blessings my sister in Christ!❤️

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover