Friday, August 15, 2014

Veronica the Lumberjack

Back in college I had the privilege of taking a furniture design class, in which I actually was able to create my own furniture piece. We got to use the College of Architecture model shop and make anything we wanted, of course with permission and direction from our professor. Now, we paid for all the materials, I think I probably spent around $400 on supplies,  we won't be bitter about the fact that the next class had their material paid for my the college. It was definitely one of my favorite semesters. Growing up in a creative home has always lent me to wanting to do things with my hands.

My project was huge, and crazy and complicated, in typical Veronica fashion. So I had to go outside the shop to get some help, which turned out for the better. I got to use a C&C Machine and create exactly the design I'd created. It was so cool! Since not many students before had used this machine, and the school was looking for some reasons to purchase one, I took video of the process and Kevin made a little video for me. He entitled it, Veronica the Lumberjack. 

video


Today, we enjoy my project everyday. I made our headboard.

In our first home, our town home
presenting it Junior Year of College
I made that pink little lamp too


post signature

3 comments:

  1. That has got to be the sweetest college class project of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved your headboard! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a fun fact that you made it, but it's so fun seeing you stand beside it for scale....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover