Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Deepest Dream


our church- Journey Church- norman, ok

Recently I've been thinking a lot more about dreams. Our pastor is often reminding us that God loves to hear our dreams. It is funny to think about isn't it? The God of the universe interested in hearing our dreams? My dreams. Our sweet King hears us and not only hears but listens and not only listens but acts, acts on the desires we share with him. That is crazy. But so awesome.

So, my dreams. For a long time I couldn't really think of any dreams. I had some goals: financial goals, things like paying off college debt and buying a home, carerer goals, like passing the ncidqNCIDQ and being able to work part time eventually and even faith goals, becoming a wife centered fully on Christ, and learning to really give of myself to those The Lord has put near me.

But dreams? Dreams seemed like those unattainable things tome, like fairy tales or just unrealistic ideas. I'm not sure why I had such a sad outlook on dreams. My parents were always encouraging about anything I put my mind to. In general, my mom was always giving us the freedom to create and be creative. I guess I just never really sat down to think about my dreams.

But one Sunday it came to me. My biggest dream. It was so sudden that I just had to sit down in worship and scribble it out onto my bulletin. Thank you Jesus for this sweet dream.

My dream is to grow a family so deeply rooted in the Lord that everyone we come into contact with experiences the sweet love and grace our Jesus offs us. That my children would grow to be strong ambassadors for Christ. And that one day when Kevin and I leave this earth to be in eternity with our Savior, we will have left a legacy of passionate, intimate relationship with Jesus and our family will continue on to be known as one with a rich heritage of Christ followers.

That's my dream.

I don't think I realized that being married to a strong Christian man was a dream too until that Sunday. I wanted it and it was something that I looked for in men but I didn't realize it was a part of my dream. By the gracious giving nature of The Lord I have already had that dream come true. My dream above is so very intricately intertwined with having a Christ seeking man as a husband. 


Nicole Nordeman has a song, Legacy. From the first time I heard it on the radio to the many times I play it today, it has always pulled at my heart. "A child of mercy and grace who blessed Your Name apologetically and leave that kind of legacy." Mmm my heart just wants to press on after this. This is the dream. This is the reasoning behind my dream. Not that my family is known, not that I am known, but that CHRIST is known. His family is known. I pray my family makes a difference for HIS family, HIS kingdom. This dream runs so deep within me. My heart swells, my knees go weak and my mind runs a thousand miles a minute. I want this dream so badly. All of me yearns for this dream to see reality.

We believe children are still a while away but I know the Lord is already working to make this dream come to fruition. I believe He will bring it to pass.I believe He'll see this dream through because I've seen Him bring other dreams to me, and carry me through so many obstacles. I know His love for me runs deep, so deep that my dreams are His dreams too.


God can do anything you know, far more than you can ever imagine, guess, or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, deeply and gently within us. Glory to God in the church! Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus! Glory down all the generations! Glory through all millenia! Oh yes!
Ephesians 3:20





This site: SO many wonderful verses about what leaving a legacy within your family looks like.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Veronica. I do contemplate about dreams quite a bit and I've decided that my overarching dream is to live a life such that I am actually and truly missed by my community when I'm gone. To me--you have to actually be helping people, making an impact, and changing lives in order to be missed, and that's what I want out of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful dream! It's so selfless. I was really expecting something else when I read the title. But I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover