Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hallelujas be Multiplied





On Monday morning, Kevin, Paisley and I got up for our morning run. We were less than a mile from home, almost done with our 2 mile run, when I made a turn, caught the side of the curb and landed hard on my left knee, hard. Immediately I started trembling and blubbering,  I'm not okay, it hurts, I'm not okay, there's blood, oh husband there's so much blood, I'm not okay, this hurts! 

Kevin helped me to my feet and I quickly realized I wouldn't be making that last walk home. I sat down as Kevin and Paisley ran off to get the car. Sitting there in the dark, we run at 5am yal,l it's still dark then, I began to realize what this meant for the rest of the week. I wouldn't be running, I wouldn't be cleaning the house like crazy this week, I would have my lunch time walk, and my ability to move quickly in general was taking a huge hit. I found myself becoming quickly frustrated and irritated, questioning, why do dumb things like this happen?!

I'd planned to get back into eating right and doing BOTH my cardio & toning this week. I didn't do my deep house cleaning this weekend so I'd planned to work on that every night this week until it was done. Two things that I was very much planning on being able to accomplish. Things that take time, energy, and speed.

I scanned through facebook and instagram in my frustration, unable to keep the trembling from my voice, I'm a wimp when it comes to injuries, so don't worry I know your'e thinking I sound pathetic and you're right I do and I am, trying to think of how I was going to re-arrange all this stuff I'd planned on doing.

Kevin picked me up in the car and ever so sweetly helped me through my morning routine, right down to making me scrambled eggs for breakfast. Have I mentioned that I have the most wonderful husband in the world? With two different shoes on to try and balance out my wobble, my second bandage already applied and a maxi skirt on to cover the whole ordeal, I got in the car, shut off my radio and began to pray, this has become my morning driving routine, that is talking to God for at least 15 minutes of my drive to the office. 

I thanked Him for an able body to be able to run in but asked for quick healing. I told Him that I was frustrated and this was throwing off my whole week when it had only just begun. I sat there in silence for a little while after getting that off my chest until I realized what He was telling me, it's time to slow down.

I didn't think I'd been too busy lately. I've actually taken time for myself over the pas two weekends and started scrap booking again, and oh how good it feels. But when God speaks to you, and slaps you in the face with His instruction,  or in my case knocks you to your knees, you listen. I fully believe He is using this time to teach me. God didn't push me to the ground, no, that was simply the fault of being human and making mistakes. But He did say, this, this won't be all for not...this I will use to grow my daughter closer to Me. 

So this week, I'm learning what it's like to slow down for God.
Dear friends, pray I learn!
and just because I can't get this song out of my head,

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about your knee but take your time healing, that's the best medicine for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover