Monday, May 19, 2014

Love Story: Sunny Days

I know it's been a while again but today I've got another installment of our love story. yay! 

If you're new around here you can catch up here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all my family far, I decided to spend this Thanksgiving with Kayla and her family. We'd been planning it for a while and I was pretty excited to spend more time with her and get to know her mom and brother more and see her small town! Kevin was headed to Iowa to see his family and at the end of the week we'd spend the big game together with our friends back in Norman.

It was such a sweet treat to get to go home with Kayla, great food, fun times together and good 'ole relaxation is exactly what I needed. We watched tv, ate chocolate cake for breakfast, and sang Carrie Underwood. 



Kevin and I were states away but our phones were ever buzzing with text message alerts. I'm not even sure what we talked about most of the time but I couldn't get enough. I awoke to good morning messages and fell asleep to good night messages every day until we were back together on Saturday, November 28th of 2009. Game day. The most anticipated game, second to the OU/TX game, the University of Oklahoma versus Oklahoma State University. Bedlam. 

The weather was perfect, the sun was out and there was a breeze in the air. I wore my favorite pearl dangle earrings, an OU t-shirt, and of course my big brown sunglasses...after discussion with Kayla of course. Afternoon games during this time of the year were the best. Everyone was pumped up and no one was looking to check out early. We cheered together, shared high five with friends and took pictures, like always.  We won 27 to 0 which made for an all around excellent day. I loved every minute. 





The next week brought about the normal schedule once again of classes, final project work, work-work and squeezing in some time with Kevin. On Tuesday we'd celebrate ONE MONTH. I couldn't believe a month has passed. My schedule was so full with final project work and work, I'm not even sure we'd be able t to do something. Besides, initiation for the new phi lamb babies was on Friday which meant I also had some last minute crafting to get together for my little. At least, the end of the week promises some fun times with my birthday! All I had to do was push myself to the weekend. 

I cancelled our Thursday lunch, planned to miss Bible study for the week and prepared for a week in the computer lab finalizing my studio project for the semester.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover