Friday, May 9, 2014

A Birthday

Something I want to work on this year is being more intentional about loving my friends and family, especially those from afar. I've gotten better at calling my sisters, my mom and I have always been good on the phone, and remembering their birthdays, we'll neglect the fact that Ginger's birthday gift went in the mail this week and her birthday was April 19th. But an area I still need to work on is remembering friend's birthdays. Especially those whom I love dearly.

One of those is friends is a lady whom I've called my best friend for now 24 years. She's been by my side through thick and thin. She's brought me into her friends, and she's welcomed my friends. She's been supportive, loving and encouraging our whole lives. My childhood is rather nonexistent without her. She's gone from a bob haircut and shoeless feet to a truly extraordinary professional woman. She is one of my favorite people in this world. 

And today, today is her birthday! Happy 24th Alex! I pray this day brings you as much joy and fun as you bring to everyone always. God is doing amazing things in your life, and I'm so honored to be your friend and watch you grow. Here's to another 24 birthdays to celebrate together. I love you dearly. 
ps: I'm so glad we saw you in February! Let's make it a plan, at least once every year.
pss: you're welcome in normal Norman anytime you'd like! :)


For her graduation gift (from high school), I gave her a scrapbook I had been keeping a secret for SO long. It's as many pictures as I could find of us from beginning to graduation. This is definitely one of my all time favorite books. When Kevin and I were there in February, I got some shots of the whole book, one bad thing about scrapbooks is it is hard to get two copies. Thank you for cherishing this book Alex! 
ps: hope you don't mine me sharing some of our pictures!

Here's just a glimpse of the book:


 yep we're wearing cow suit onesies... we still don't know why...also these are some my favorite of us as little girls.






 
 you may be thinking, gosh they look like they're about 14 or so but Veronica is wearing a matching swimsuit to her sisters... and the response to that thought is, yes, yes I am.






The moms that started it all.





So many memories fill this book. I could write a comment, or a story, probably a whole other book for each page. This lady has meant so much to my life. Friends forever and ever.

Proverbs 18:24
...but there is a friend who is close than a brother

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Awww! Happy Birthday to your friend! Those pictures were so cute of when you were all little! Love the dance ones! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww how fun! I love it. Scrapbooking is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a scrapbook is such a sweet gift to make for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the time to scrap like I used too. What a great idea for a gift!!! So thoughtful. I'm sure it will be cherished and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover