Monday, April 28, 2014

When I'm with You


I wish I could hit stop and rewind the weekend. 

The laughter, the singing, the chit-chat...all of it. If hearts could smile, mine would have been beaming all weekend.


The moment I pulled away from the testing center, girls weekend began. I talked to Kristina over the phone basically her whole drive to Norman. She arrived, Kayla arrived soon thereafter, then a quick project drop off (which I'll show later this week) and Emily was in the car with us too. The four of us all back together again.


It's weird and wonderful how time grows us. It seems not that long ago that we were talking about classes or finals, a phi lamb event or a date we'd just been on...now it's grad school, med school, working and moving across the country. We're adults now at least to some.  Maybe one day we'll be talking about marriage, babies or vacations. 

Six years of friendship and it just gets sweeter and sweeter. 







It's not that we didn't anything particularly special this weekend. We hit up what is now our place, an Italian restaurant, ate custard, did some shopping (where yes we each bought the same shorts in different colors), saw a movie, got sonic slushes(with nerds in them, have you discovered this?), watched another movie, relaxed, took pictures. sang in the car...etc etc etc. Nothing incredibly remarkable. It's just that the four of us were all together, in one place...and that's what made it spectacular. 

It's hard to believe that in no time at all the distance between us, physically, will grow and quick weekend rendezvous will no longer be such a simple task, not that it's particularly simple now but easier for sure.  It hurts a little. Then I think about how exciting it all is, Emily beginning her career in California and Kayla starting residency in another state (to be decided), Kristina jumping into grad school in Oklahoma (so she will be closer actually)...till then of time I pray they know I'll always be one of their biggest cheerleaders. I'm so happy about each path their taking. The distance will bring tears. that I'm sure of, but the friendship will always be so deeply rooted in our hearts.






Six years ago, I met each of them. Our friendship began slowly, until one day. That fateful day, when we decided to live together. That day forever changed our lives for the better. 


If I could press stop and hit rewind, 
I'd go back to laughing uncontrollably at the frozen custard place when I caught onto a joke nearly 10 minutes later...
I'd go back to the dressing room of JC Penny where we joked about all buying the same pair of shorts...and then did.
I'd go back to the BBQ place where we all ordered the same thing, bake potatoes with smoked meat.
I'd go back to the movie theatre as I cringed during parts of Captain America, and Kristina laughed at me.
I'd go back to laughing on our walk to the car, where a guy drove by and gave us the peace sign.
I'd go back to my living room, laying on the sofa just talking to Kayla about life, when an hour went by so fast it stunned us.
I'd go back to the car ride for our photo shoot, singing T. Swift while Kevin drove. Mmm that moment.
I'd go back to the silly faces, the wind blown hair, the laughter, and awkward moments of our photo shoot.
I'd go back to Kristina and I's attempted glitter blowing pictures.
I'd go back to the drive home from the shoot, listening as the three of them sat in the back laughing hysterically at some of our candid shots.
I'd go back to walking in Walmart at 11pm looking for wine, and the cash register denying us moscato rather rudely when one of us left our ID in the car. Sparkling juice and oreos it was..I'd say we won.
I'd go back to sitting in Emily's living room surpring her with our Walmart trip prizes and reminscing over the weekend.
I'd go back to Sunday morning, three of us sitting on my sofa, church online on the tv (thank you chromecast), and scrolling through the 300 pictures we took the night before.







Since January I've been spending mostly all my time studying. I've not laughed this much or had this much fun in so so long. I had some breaks here and there (like OKC Open streets, and Kevin and I's trip to Houston) and those were sweet moments that I wouldn't ever give up. But this weekend the Lord filled my heart to the rim. This weekend He gave me freedom from my tests. Not just simply that they're over and done but freedom from Him because they're in HIS hands now completely. Whatever happens with those exams He's got a plan and I have freedom and peace. This weekend He gave me that freedom and peace so fully. This weekend I feel like I finally saw the green grass, felt the breezy air, and soaked in the sun. All with some of my best girls beside me. I wouldn't have it any other way. And I'll cherish this weekend forever in my heart.

Thank you Jesus for incredibly friendships that You sculpted, created, formed. Thank you for the beautiful weather. Thank you for laughter and joy and deep love. Thank you for this weekend.


When I'm with anybody else, it's so hard to be myself... I'm only me when I'm with you
-taylor swift
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! When do you hear back about your test?

    you can ask for nerds in your slush!? or is that something you just do that I need to try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome that you guys had so much fun together!! The group photos are cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photos and such a wonderful way to treasure the amazing friendships

    ReplyDelete
  4. This warmed my heart! Friends like that are hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm behind on your blog thanks to surgery rotation, and just got to read this. It definitely made me tear up. Love you, dear! I'm so glad we got to all be together for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover