Monday, March 24, 2014

On My Heart





//pictures from our engagement session with Anna//

Lately, I've found my heart full of sweet dreams, new lessons and encouraged thoughts that I've just been itching to write about it. To say that I'm ready for this season of studying to be over is quite an understatement. It is nearly the end of March and yet I feel that April is still so far away. But  April and it's weeks of final cramming, stressed moments, and test taking will be here before I can even blink my eyes.

Husband is at the church this morning running graphics for the services today, sacrificing his time to give to our amazing church. But I? I began today wondering about how I will accomplish all I've put on my list for today. I poured my bowl of cereal with intention of sitting my buns on the sofa and watch some frivolous television show before I had to face that list. Instead I chose to put Christ first, and spend some time learning more about Him and sat at my dining table for my Bible study.

And now, I just finished watching church online, appropriate since I've not left my home since I came home on Friday from work, and for those of you wondering, yes I'm wearing the same yoga pants, t-shirt and sweatshirt since yesterday. Sometimes watching church online is the lazy decision for me, but sometimes, like today, it's the best decision. Singing worship songs in my lounge clothes, cozied up in a blanket, Paisley curled up sleeping at my feet, doing communion with a goldfish and water, and the sunshine pouring in my home, it just fills my heart in a different way than being physically present in my church. I'm thankful for these spontaneous Sundays of church at home.

After this week's message from Pastor Adam, I'm ready to hit the ground running for the day and weeks ahead, Bible in hand. My heart is grateful for this day, this list and my outlook is brighter than it wasjust 45 minutes ago. Whatever you're facing, cherish each moment and fill it with the truth from the divinely spoken Word of God, instead of talk from earthly people. His Word equips, protects and guides.

"Chains be broken, lives be healed, hearts be opened, Christ is revealed"
Hillsong United- You'll Come

post signature

6 comments:

  1. What an encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have no words, but I just couldn't leave without saying how beautifully written and encouraging this is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those photos of you guys! I don't think I've ever seen them before! I'm glad that you were able to find encouragement as you face that final days of exam prep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and great words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you...you can do it! Love those pics of you and Kevin :) 76 days!!!!

    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover