Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hello Katrina!

Katrina's beautiful work
One of my favorite parts of blogging has been meeting all kinds of beautiful and talented ladies! 
Katrina has been gracing my side bar all this month, I shared with you her beautiful illustrated valentines cards last week and this week, she's here to share with you more about herself!

Do yourself a favor, learn about her and get to know her! And purchase your valentine cards before they're GONE!







Hello! My name is Katrina, and I'm a full time servant of Christ, lover of husband, maker of home, teacher of art, designer of stationery and painter of life.  God has taught me so much about Himself through our mutual love of Creation, and I am so thrilled to be able to share that with those who see and appreciate my art.

For as long as I can remember, I have loved to draw and aspired to be an illustrator.  However, I soon became very aware of how difficult it is to “make it” in such a highly competitive field.  Hardly daunted, I shifted my goals towards Graphic Design and began working in that direction.  After graduating with my design degree I married my own Superman and assumed that I would head towards a corporate design job—isn’t that what I was supposed to do?  As always, God had other plans than what I had built up in the sky, and His are much better than mine!  Within a month, I was settled as a freelance designer (yay!), able to work from home and give special attention to the “lover of husband” and “maker of home” aspects of my resume.

It did not take long for my clients to realize that the best aspects of the work that I created involved the hand drawn illustrations that I included.  And soon more and more of my commissions were focused in this way (to my delight!).  Encouraged by my supportive husband (and the continued commissions) I opened up my etsy shop (Katrina Illustration) in August of last year and began fulfilling a life-long dream.

While I don’t know exactly where God is taking me on this little adventure, I am very excited to be along for the ride!  I would love to have you along—check out my etsyblog, and instagram!




What are you waiting for? Go say HI to Katrina!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover