Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Magic!

I might be a little behind here, it's been a trend lately on this little blog, but today I thought I'd share some of my favorites from Christmas.

When we were in Dallas for Thanksgiving we spent a day with our best friend, Kristina, who referred to everything Christmasy as CHRISTMAS MAGIC! It basically made everything Christmas even more exciting than it already was and made me smile every time. She took us all over town, including IKEA (we don't have it in OK) and the incredible Gaylord Texan.








We did Christmas with my family on Skype before we left town to see Kevin's family. Hello petty kitchenaid, and giant penguin, thanks mom...


We went back to Dallas for Christmas. We got in late Monday night so we would have as much time there with family as possible. On Christmas Eve morning we joined Kevin's grandparents for their usual Tuesday iHop breakfast , where they asked for a specific waitress and were specially granted permission to be in her area even though she was already full.  I got their chocolate chocolate pancakes and some eggs...it was wonderful. Afterward, we took little Paisley on walk to a school park. She had a TON of fun and it was great to get out and enjoy the air, even if it was sort of cold.




I chatted with my family as they went on, sent them pictures and made plans for a skype morning with them. As much as I enjoyed being with Kevin's family and experiencing what a Burns Christmas looked like, it was strange not being with my family. This was first year away from my mom and sisters for Christmas. I missed them.
Post walk, we finally sat down to watch my most favorite Christmas movie, Miracle on 34th Street (the newer one). It was a perfect way to rest after the walk and get all cuddled up in blankets. Kevin's grandparents picked us up some Cane's chicken, my stomach was filling fast, and then his mom, dad and sister got back from visiting my father in law's parents. We opted for a relaxing afternoon, complete with me taking a nap, a rare treat. 
Then my SIL and I have a fun time getting ready, doing each other's hair and make-up, for the candlelight church service. My cousin was able to meet up with us at the church, and we had matching purses! So crazy! Karla now matches me too! It's one awesome purse, clearly. The service was sweet, there's something so beautiful about voices singing Silent Night as candles are the only illumination in the room. One of my most favorite parts of Christmas.






After church, we got dinner at Cheddar's and headed home. My SIL and I ran to Target for some last minute Christmas dinner ingrediants. We each picked up a Starbucks, probably my last Pumpkin Spice for the season. When we got home we did gifts with Kevin's family. It was so fun to see everyone's faces light up. We ran the phone to take some timer shots. These are some of my favorites!





On Christmas morning we woke up, greeted everyone with a cheerful Merry Christmas in our Christmas jamies of course. After a little troubleshooting, Kevin and I skyped with my mom and sisters to do stockings with them. My mom had kindly sent  us some so we could still do stockings in bed with them. Kevin and I gave each other gifts afterward and my sweet man did well! I got a sea turtle monogrammed shirt, it's awesome, and the Hunter Hayes CD!! Kevin got Chromcast and was pumped, cute guy thought he would have to wait till his birthday. 





The rest of the day was spent with the whole crew of aunts and cousins and uncles and grandchildren... we had a delightful Christmas dinner, the grandparents gave some gifts which was very entertaining I must say, and we played with the kids, chatted and relaxed afterward till it was time to pack our bags and head back home. We had a work the next day and a lovely wedding to be apart of.
Overall, the Burns Second Christmas was blessed. What a sweet time to spent with family, to think of the miracle of Christ's birth which brought us sanctification and hope for a life lived with Him. I wish it would all come back already!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Such a great post, Veronica! I've enjoyed reading everyones Christmas recaps. And lucky you to get a kitchen aid mixer! Love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Looks like a fun and peaceful time with family! And I love the color of your new Kitchenaid. I've always been attracted to the red ones, but that is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a fun (but busy) Christmas! Love the color of your mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soo cute! and I love kitchen aids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely one AWESOME kitchen aid and one awesome purse! I have the exact same kitchen aid!! :) Looks like ya'll had a really great holiday!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an absolutely fabulous celebration! I'm so jealous of your kitchen aid mixer!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover