Friday, December 20, 2013

Newlywed Game in Holiday Style {LINK UP}

I am so very excited to do this with you guys today!

Much thanks to Karla for arranging it!
Hope you guys enjoy it, I can't wait to read all your responses. :)

Post the button, answer the questions and LINK UP!

forevernewlywedded

& Here are the 10 questions:

1.  Which Christmas would your spouse say was the best that you had together as a couple?
Probably the last one since it was our first TOGETHER!
Ummm last year was our first as a couple and we got to go to Florida and get beach time!

Also last year, right before Christmas is when we met Paisley and decided to adopt her!




2.  What would your spouse say is the weirdest, or most unique tradition that your family does at Christmas?
Hhhmmm I don't know, Kevin might say my family's stocking tradition since his family didn't do that. That or the tradition of buying the Christmas tree after my mom and I's birthday (December 6).
Uhhhhh, that I don't have that many traditions?

3.  It's Christmas Day... you are looking all around and you can't find your spouse.  Finally, you find them hiding in a closet, devouring which holiday treat??
Kevin would be devouring my home-made cookies of course! That or these weird little debbi Christmas tree treats...silly man.
Husby's answer

4.  It's your spouse's turn to pick out a Christmas movie.  Naturally, they pick their favorite one.  Which is it??
Wow! Kevin's favorite Christmas movie...hhhmm, I feel like I know this but I can't think of it right at the moment. The Santa Clause is a favorite of both of ours.
Miracle on 34th Street, she begs me to watch it every day of December.

5.  If your spouse had it their way... when would they put up Christmas decorations?  Right after the turkey?  Last minute?  Not at all?
Kevin would probably choose to put them up right after Thanksgiving, but more like the next day because he would of course need to watch the Cowboys game and rest after all the feasting.
December 6th, the birthday of my wife.

6.  What does your spouse think is the best Christmas gift you ever gave them?
Such hard questions! He might like the first give I have him best. It was scrapbook page framed and it had pictures from us at OU games in it from while we were still dating.
She really enjoyed the tickets to see Wicked in Orlando while we were still dating. (I totally forgot about that year, so now that I remember, I change my answer! I gave Kevin that year a penguin experience at an aquarium in Florida (we went for spring break that year). You could literally walk around and touch the penguins).

7.  Fa la la la laaaa, what is your spouse's go-to Christmas song?
I know this one! O HOLY NIGHT!
I have no idea, she got burnt out on Christmas music several years ago. (I'd have to say I don't really know which one I would pick, I worked for Santa Claus at the mall for 2 years in a row and it kind of killed my Christmas music love for a while...don't worry I love it again! I just don't know what my favorite would be).

8.  On Christmas morning, what does your spouse wish is under the tree?
If I said, then I might give away what I got him....
She would really like a kitchenaid mixer, but that's a little out of our range this year. (really it's something I should have put on our wedding registry! haha but really, this is a dream gift and probably will be a couple of years.)

9.  What is one thing that your spouse absolutely has to do every year during the holidays?
Well I'd say listen to tons of Christmas music.
Christmas crafting, it's a new phase but she loves it!

10.  What was the coolest gift your spouse got at Christmas as a child?  (Hopefully they told you this at some point in your relationship... otherwise... this one will have to be a lucky guess!!)
A website domain: kevincburns.com (it doesn't exist anymore)...I don't know if this is the coolest gift but it's my BEST guess!
Veronica's told me about her outdoor playhouse and how much fun she had with it as a child/preteen/teenager. (One year my parents went all out, we bought a house RIGHT BEFORE Christmas, they they surprised us on Christmas day by going over there "just to see it" on Christmas day. We got in there and there were mini stockings with our names on it and in the backyard a playhouse and swing set, INCREDIBLE Christmas! Also, I'll have to admit, I was like 11/12 when that happened so yes I played in it from then on. I'm just a big kid!)

That's it!!

I planned on sharing pictures of our home all decked our for Christmas but I didn't get to it. So instead you're getting pictures we took at Thanksgiving, and by we I mean my awesome sister in law!



Me and my sweet SIL










Link up ladies!!!





post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

3 comments:

  1. You worked for a mall Santa?? No way!! No wonder that kind of killed Christmas music for ya!! Hahaha, too funny. I love that you get your tree after your birthday too! My Mom does that as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! if I worked for a mall santa I'd get tired of Christmas music too!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to read this and then I keep getting caught up/distracted with the Paisley puppy pic. OMG.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover