Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Bucket List

Don't worry dear friends! We do have ONE more shop for the #ExceptionalGifts series but it will be up tomorrow. Instead, today I thought I'd share some of the things I've got going on my to-do list for this season.

These days have been flying by. I've lately been feeling a little over-committed and like I'm losing out on time to do things that I want to do.Hence the need to make myself a little Holiday bucket list! See something you want to try? 

(All the images below, except for the Christmas lights picture, can be found here on my Holiday Flair pinterest board.)

Ready to see my list?
1. Christmas Lights
It's strange to me that so few people decorate their home with lights in Norman...it was practically something everyone did in Houston. I mean, you could drive into any neighborhood and find plenty! I live on the wealthier side of Norman, you'd think there'd be more, no. So this year, we're venturing into Oklahoma City, where I hear there are great lights to be seen in some of the historic neighborhoods. Details anyone?

house christmas lights Fantastic Christmas Lights Display : The Ultimate Holiday Home Light Show
source

2. Baking
On my way home from work the other day I called my mom and we proceeded to discuss how this Christmas will still be great even though we won't be together. Then she started talking about all the awesome cookies she was going to bake and I started to get sad. I always loved Christmas baking. That conversation and Susannah's post solidified it for me. I will become a baking queen this holiday season, husband prepare yourself.  I'm thinking the following sound interesting:

Chocolate Dipped Holiday Oreos
Penguin cupcakes!
Red and White Sugar Cookie Pinwheels


3. Sew Some Christmas Bunting
I've got some red and green fabric samples from work that could be put to good use with this little craft. I'm currently being inspired by this. I also love this!

michelle lea designs: DIY Giving Thanks Chalkboard Art
just lovely

4. Plan a little Christmas party for our small group
The hardest part? Picking a date! I'm thinking a fun white elephant game with a twist, some yummy treats, and maybe some Christmas games.

Christmas Candy Cane Name Holder...So cute!
Snowman popcorn cups - use Rice Krispie bar mixture if kids are to little for popcorn.
light & ribbon garland


5. Attempt some crafts.
I'd like to put together another pallet sign. And maybe add to the Christmas decorations I made last year. I love the idea of an advent calendar! 

Christmas Ornament Advent Calendar...you hang up a new ornament each day...loving this!
Pallet Nativity DIY
get the DIY for this HERE
DIY gold leaf pine cone garland from The Sweetest Occasion | Photo by Alice G Patterson


6. Go ice skating with my hunny
We LOVE to go ice skating. It is quite possibly one of our most favorite active activities we do together.  


 
7. Making it most about Christ
The holiday season can be a BLAST and it can also whirl by faster than you even imagine. I want to make sure to take the time and remember the real reason for the season. Christ coming to earth as a child to lead and teach and then die for our sins. That is HUGE. Far more important, far bigger than ANYTHING else this month.

Pallet Christmas Tree Decoration
Chalkboard frames for.gallery wall. Can change quotes out this way.

and finally, make new traditions and memories all season long!
OH! And celebrate my birthday big! HELLO #24!!! See you FRIDAY!
post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

14 comments:

  1. There are so many things from this post that I want to try - especially the red and white swirl cookies, the candy cane name tags (such a great idea!) and the glitter pinecone banner! Any type of banner, actually. I love the look of the fabric ones, but haven't even tried those, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many awesome ideas here! I think I might do those popcorn cups for my xmas party tomorrow! Eeek! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun and beautiful things about this season. Especially as Christ came to this earth for us. The holiday season is a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the penguin cookies! And the snowman popcorn cups are cute too! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you have ice skating on your list, did you see the Groupon for two tickets and two hot chocolates for $12 at the Blazer's Ice Center? I think today is the last day you can buy it.

    The other things on your bucket list sound fun too! I've been wanting to do a pinecone garland like that too...I'm waiting for our friend to bring our drill back so I can start! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That penguin cupcake is the cutest thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect holiday to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those Christmas cookies look amazing! I may have to make those for our Christmas party this weekend!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you definitely have a fun December planned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely hope that by next year I am in a place to have a Christmas party or small gathering. My apartment now just doesn't work. Hope you get to tackle everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some really great ideas here!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These ideas are awesome! I really do love DIY projects. I'm trying some Christmas baking this year :D Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on some of those! I can't wait to get baking!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover