Monday, November 11, 2013

Historic Home Tour

Today I'm starting my FIRST day at my new job! Send a little prayer for me, if you would, for confidence and peace. I'm so excited but of course a little nervous too.


On our anniversary we took a tour of the Overholser Mansion in Oklahoma City. It was then that I learned about the historic home tour that goes in right there in Heritage Hills in Oklahoma City. I was sold from the moment I'd learned about it. A reminder to sign up to take the tour has been sitting in my inbox since that moment and this a week ago I finally got to do it! Even better, I got to go on the tour with my mommy and a blog bestie, Holly from Oklahoma Pepplers.
Today, I'm sharing some of the quick phone photos I took from the tour. It was amazing, breathtaking and made me fall in love with historic architecture and design even more. I dream to live in a home like this one day. If you ever find yourself in Oklahoma City around the first week of November, you ought to make it a priority to take this tour. The Overholser Mansion is the beginning, a spectacular vision all its own, and then the rest of the tour is through private homes that individuals/families have decided to open up to the public for the tour. How cool is that?! 
The fall leaves, the changing colors, the brisk air, the stunning neighborhood, and the fabulous designs made this tour one of a kind and truly an amazing experience. I didn't take pictures of the Overholser Manasion because I already did, see our anniversary post, and I didn't take pictures of the inside of the first home because it just felt strange at first, these are personal family homes, but then I just went for it since I absolutely loved the second home, I could have easily moved in there. Enjoy the details!
Special thanks to Holly and her MIL for arranging the tickets!

The Overholser Mansion





This was my favorite home, HANDS DOWN!








  This might be my favorite picture I took. It was the little girls bedroom of my favorite home.


















 How cool is this pot rack? It's now on my future home wishlist!





This was a fun art piece in the final home.

What was your favorite from these photos?
Do you love historical architecture too?


post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

11 comments:

  1. SO much fun! I love touring old historic homes! Loving all the pictures! Sending prayers your way today, you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I wouldn't mind moving into one of those homes, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love historic homes! Beautiful. :)

    Good luck on your first day - you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! I LOVE old houses. I could drive around all day looking at them. I wish we had something like this close to me, getting to go inside would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first day on the job! And good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to do this! Your pictures are awesome!!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. I love this! How gorgeous are these homes?!! I have a special place in my heart for history. I'm such a nerd when it comes to things like this. That kitchen is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh....I LOVE Historic homes! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your first day on the job went wonderfully!!! These houses are amazingly gorgeous! How fun that you got to visit them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover