Thursday, October 17, 2013

ID Life: Historic Goff Home

A highly respected and well known American architect, Bruce Goff, made some true works of art in his creation of some homes around our very campus. 
During my time as an intern I had the privilege to field measure every nook and cranny of the historic Ledbetter Home. The property is now owned and leased by OU real estate. They didn't have any updated drawings of the home since their original blue prints, which thank goodness I had to work with, so they enlisted my help to produce some floorplans of the home.
The home is incredibly unique complete with a round fridge, ramp and min pond. It is pretty incredible and even though this project was ridiculously tedious, I enjoyed the challenge and didn't tire of going into the home often to double check measurements.
Now this is definitely not perfect but it is pretty close!
The scale written is incorrect as I downsized the drawings for the post.
*I produced the drawings but do not own the drawings, they belong to the University of Oklahoma Real Estate department. I do not claim them as my own property.


post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

3 comments:

  1. This is where I realize I don't want your job. I can't even draw a stick figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these drawings look great - good work!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to visit this house once for class, it's very interesting inside. I'm jealous you got to work on these drawings Veronica!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover