Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Exceptional Gifts: Bags, Babies, & Treasures

  
About a month and a half ago I was paroling etsy for some unique Christmas gifts for family and friends, also a wedding gift for a friends wedding that we would unfortunately not make it to. That's when I decided to make this blog series. I, like I am sure many of you, are doing gifts on a budget this year but still want to give my friends and family pretty, or fun or useful gifts, not something they're going to toss because it clearly said, hey I spent $10 on you this year. So every Wednesday tune in to find some unique, affordable and exceptional gifts for your family and friends. If you ever miss it, just click the button and it will bring up all the posts.

I stumbled upon Amber's sweet shop just a couple of weeks ago and then I teased you guys with her shop a bit ago on Twitter. Guys, what a pleasure it has been working with this sweet lady! And oh, how I love the products she has available. Amber's owns The Amber Rose Emporium shop on Etsy and hand makes or hand selected each item in her shop. She specializes in baby blankets and bibs but also has a selection of small bags and pouches, and similar to CurranStudios also has a variety of antique treasures she's discovered and saved up. She's also got a special offer for you today, read on!

Amber kindly sent me this pouch to review. I was particularly interested to see how much the husband would like it. I thought it might be beneficial for his upcoming trip to Japan but wanted to test how a man would react to chevron and a fabric pouch, as opposed to say a leather one, which would be way more expensive but generally gives off more of a "manly" vibe. 





I am SO pleased with the quality of the pouch. The seams are tight and I didn't see a single loose thread. The fabric is tough and still beautiful. Additionally, the bag is lined which to me is a requirement so I was very happy to see that. I loved the accent of the green zipper and it made Kevin happy too. It fits a toothbrush and toothpaste, ear plugs and eye covers and still has room. It's perfect for traveling and keeping those quick-need things close and easy to grab. There's loops on each end of the bag which would make it easy to attach to the inside of a larger bag so it wouldn't get jumbled around inside and lost. Additionally, at $8.95 this little pouch is the perfect little easy, useful and quality gift for any man or woman on your Christmas list.
I was excited enough to open the package and really play around with that pouch but Amber totally surprised me, didn't I tell you she was a sweetheart?, and sent something for me too! What?! I was complete taken aback and so unbelievably grateful. Amber sent me one of these wristlets. She is extra amazing for choosing to send me one in my favorite color! Made my day!






This wristlet is great! It's easy to throw your phone,ID and some cash into for a quick run into the store and also a perfect little organizer in your purse, which is where mine is being utilized. It' has become the go-to place for me to stash my chap stick and other day to day necessities, like gum. I'm loving it because it keeps my purse nice and neat while making me smile because I can open my purse and see coral all the time! Like the above pouch, the wristlet is lined and durable, and again I've not seen a single loose thread. I'm smitten with the quality of these pouches!
Check out some of the pouches she offers, ranging from $4.95 to $14...these prices are spot on with my budget! And I mean, come on, how cute is that fox print? I know you've all heard the "what does the fox say" song by now.



Her baby items look absolutely precious. She has some uniquely shaped bibs which are just too much fun and her blankets are guaranteed to be soft and plush since they're made with the finest minky available! For $17.50 to $36.95 there are plenty of options that can fit in your budget! I'm loving the elephant blanket! Oh so precious!


Vintage and antique gifts are all the rage right now and I'm certain you have a specific person on your list who just be delighted by a treasure like one of the ones Amber has here. She has items from $5 to $15, with only one item at $40. I don't know about you but that works for me! Check out some of my favorites. The swan is calling my name!



OH!  And Amber loves working with custom orders! Check out this page for various options to choose from. 

Want that special offer? Use the code: pinkpearls for as special 10% off!!! 

What caught your eye? Think you'll be purchasing anything?


post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

5 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great shop! I really need to puruse Etsy for Christmas gifts this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove all of the inspiring ideas!! I should look into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute shop! I love the wristlet she sent you :)

    As far as wanting a "manly" color for that pouch (which looks like it would make a great makeup bag), I wonder if you could request a custom color / print of fabric? You could always get a solid neutral if that's something she would consider. Just an idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the vintage items! I really like your whole project of supporting small businesses when it comes to buying Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veronica-Thanks again for featuring me! Yes, I do take custom orders. I can make anything you see in my shop in any fabric that you want or need. Just send me a message through my shop and I will to my very best to create your unique item to fill your needs. My deadline for custom orders for Christmas will be November 22, so order soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover