Tuesday, September 17, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

My mommy sang that song to me all the time as a little girl. I loved it and I totally plan on doing the same for my children.
Speaking of my mommy, my daddy's birthday is TODAY!!! Happy Birthday daddy! You don't read this blog, in fact I don't even know that you know it exists but I love you and I'm so thankful for you!
But in other news, You Are My Sunshine is a fun blog award that the ever so kind Bekah nominated me for. I haven't participated in one of these in so long and I really adore Bekah so I just decided to go for it!. Thanks Bekah!
At the end of the post learn how to WIN an in post ad space!
The Rules:
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you [ Bekah].
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they've been nominated.




1. What is your go-to song for personal motivation?
 That varies with the time and type of motivation needed. For now it's this one, I can't get enough of it.

2. What is the last dream you had that you can remember?
 That is something I haven't even shared with my husband...it was so strange. Let's go with the second last, (which he also doesn't know). For some reason I was walking around and I had to go to this person's house that was operating as an in-home childcare. It was crazy. I don't know if I had kids or what but I was disturbed by the state of the daycare: kids everywhere, mess everywhere. Then suddenly I was having a girls night with ladies from my church (whom I know and talk to but don't exactly hang out with). Then I was riding this strange zip line swing out across land and looking out over a lake that looked more like an ocean...and yet this was in Oklahoma City. Why are dreams so weird?


3. What's the last movie you watched?
 Hhhmmm I feel like I need Kevin to answer this one... we watched some weird movie about depression, but ti was also good and interesting so I liked it, that was called Side Effects, and we watched some of Tangled the other day. Also we watched some of Contagion, another weird but interesting movie. Hhhmmm I can't really remember which was most recent.


4. What is #1 on your fall bucket list?
 That would be baking... and making a hanging frame wreath diy that I've been thinking of.



5. What are you really looking forward to right now?
 Ugh, finishing the NCIDQ! Studying is so not my thing, and I'm ready to be done with that test. Also, figuring out this change...I'm impatient and the Lord is definitely working in me.


6. Which of your blog posts is your favorite?
Wow so I LOVE this question because all my favorite posts are typically everyone else's least favorite. I really enjoyed putting together this post on design last week, and while this post was vague, I love how I really wrote honestly and gave it my honest experience of life and how the Lord is working in me right now. And as for a funny post, I LOVED writing this one and laughed through it the whole time, apparently no one got my humor because I think it has one comment.
(remember I'm not good at choosing just one of anything ever)

7. Have you started thinking about/preparing for Christmas yet?
 You bet I have. I love giving gifts. I've started a whole series on beautiful and fun yet incredibly affordable Christmas gifts...please tune in Wednesdays! Shop number one went up this past week. TOMORROW a new store will be up!

8. Last food/treat you craved?
Chocolate chip cookies...and I have to report that I pretty much ate the whole batch and that is why I am now ashamed of the numbers on the scale. Geesh, self control and chocolate are not my strengths.

9. What would you still like to accomplish before this year ends?
Taking the first part of the NCIDQ, and have a solution on this change (yes I'll be sharing more soon), and really just learn to be totally reliant and trusting in our Lord.



10. What is your favorite cosmetic/hygiene brand?
I am a Benefit girl through and through! Love their make-up. It is SO worth the cost. Put it this way: I bought a whole ton of make up from them (I'm talking $300 yall, that's a but-load and I got in my car and almost cried about it) but that was well over a year ago now and I'm still using the same stuff. I use make up just about every day. Hygiene, nothing I switch around all the time.

And so now I'm supposed to tag people that bring sunshine to my day. Use the same question I answered, because I like those so why create new ones?! 

Here are a few that Bekah didn't tag (we tend to read the same people):
Samantha
Nicole
Holly
Rachel
Lauren
Susannah
Mariel
Lauren (a different one, hey there fellow ID!)
Casey
Amie



and just cause, go watch this video if you love Ellen, because it's just hilarious.

ps: Follow me on twitter and tweet at me, anything you want, and you will be entered to WIN a FREE in-post ad spot below each post I publish!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I love that song!! So fun. I h e already started my Christmas shopping too, it's the smartest thing to spread it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun. I love that you linked to me so many times! maybe google will boost me up now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thank you!! And your dream was crazy. My last dream involved a lion and tiger running around loose in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... Thanks for nominating me!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet photo of you and your dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover