Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Young Mind

Probably one of the greatest and most beautiful blessings I've had the pleasure of experiencing on this earth is watching my little sisters grow into young and outstanding women, women that are seeking Christ's Name and learning what a real relationship with Him looks like.

Truly, my heart is never so full as it is when I listen to them talk about God at work in their lives.
I love those little ladies so very much and I cannot wait to see how their lives continue to change and grow over the years.

Today, I wanted to share some of what my youngest sister sent to me. She has had the privilege to attend a private high school for her first year in high school and as such has the privilege of taking Bible class, thus getting to write openly about God.


This is her paper.
When I was younger I believed in God, but only because it was what I was taught. As I grew
older I was conflicted and doubted Him as well as the bible, it was only recently over the past 
year that I had come to the conclusion of not only his existence, but his numerous attributes. 
Two attributes that I was entirely grateful for after my realization were His patience and mercy, 
because without we as a human race would be nothing. I would be nothing. 1 Timothy 1:16  
proclaims “But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ 
Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and 
receive eternal life.” To me this verse says that God is patient with us so that we can be patient as 
we wait for Him, He gives us the eternal patience and wants us to be patient for Him and the day 
He comes for us. If you ask me (and you are in this circumstance) that’s the least we can do. As 
Timothy describes the patience that The Lord gave him, it reminds of the same kind of diligent 
patience he displays for us. We sin, He forgives, we sin again, He forgives, we sin again, He 
forgives, time after time. I can barely stand still when my mom’s late to pick me up. 2 Peter 3:9 
“The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, 
not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance” which basically sums 
up that whole paragraph in a sentence. Clearly his patience is as endless as His mercy. God let 
his only die for our petty human sins, if that isn’t mercy than I’m not sure I know what mercy 
means. His only son, crucified. That’s how eternal His Mercy is. Some believe that Hell was 
created because God know we can’t overcome our sin, but He overcame our sin for us, and after 
all if we descend into Hell it’s because we chose it over Him. Psalms 86:5 “For you, Lord , are 
good, and ready to forgive, and plenteous in mercy  to all them that call on you.” He is merciful 
everyday in ways that we cannot possible comprehend. You asked me to give you a personal
example and this is it: I have been saved by Him because He is merciful and He is patient.


And this is her second paper:
There are some people in this world who do not believe in God, but without a God how 
could we even know to question Him? How could we have any moral standards at all if there 
isn’t a God? We have been given more than enough proof for his existence. We know he is here 
through the creation of this world and how it was constructed, and through our own mind and 
conscience. Romans 1:21 says “For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God 
or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were 
darkened.” which I have interpreted as though mankind can feel the presence of God through 
their morals and their own principles, they have not only decided to ignore it but also to defy 
it with trivial and impossible ideas such as “Atheism”. There was once a time when I would 
question God, so much so I looked into other beliefs. As I read through excerpts on evolution 
and Taoism  it occurred to me that if these were in any way true, why would I even have the 
ability to question a God? If I wasn’t created by His hand than how could I even determine right 
from wrong? These are the questions that those who do not walk in the light of the Lord have 
failed to ask themselves. His existence is proven to us every time we step outside. Hebrews 11:3 
confirms “By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what 
is seen was not made out of things that are visible.” Not only does the bible state that God is the 
creator and has created our earth, but God himself has given us an undeniable proof through his 
making of the world, the mathematical imprint of “Fibonacci” he left cannot be explained by any 
other beliefs or ideas. And though there are people who do not believe that Fibonacci numbers 
are clear proof of His superior hands shaping us, I know that it is more than enough validation 
I need to put my everything into Him. There are people in this world who consider those who 
know God as people who are propelled by blind faith; however there is no belief with as much 
clear evidence as Christianity. My faith is not blind.



Sing Hallelujah! 
I will never tire of hearing the stories of God at work in people.
I will especially never tire of hearing stories of God at work in my sisters lives.
I love when the Lord speaks to me through the mouths of those younger than myself.
How about yourself?



post signature

6 comments:

  1. It's so cool to see younger ones who you love so much growing in their faith in God and growing up to be women of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! It's always great to see enthusiasm and understanding at that age.

    Also, I'm in love with that navy striped dress you have on in the first pic. I NEED it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome!! Thanks for sharing this! And -- you all are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are great! It's great how she's thinking critically - I saw a recent study that showed how many kids going to college reject Christianity because they blindly accept it and are easily swayed, but by the grace of God and by her strong convictions, she's well rooted, which makes me SO happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that your sister is already growing so much in her faith! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover