Monday, August 12, 2013

Life&Love: Pleasant Ways

This is a post series that I'm writing about Kevin and I's love story, read about why and how I'm doing this, as well as all the prior posts under the Life&Love page.
All previous posts here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, February 14th came and I awoke with a smile. It was my first Valentine's day to celebrate with a boyfriend, except that said boyfriend and myself would not actually be together. Six hours and plenty of homework on both ends kept M at A&M and myself at OU. Despite the distance we made plans to do dinner and a movie together via the internet, thank goodness for Skype.

I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers and enjoyed the day of getting random things done around my room. Having just turned in my third studio project of the semester I was feeling like an all new person...and my room was looking new once again.

BSU Freshmen Vday dinner
 As evening approached I got ready for my internet Valentine's date. M might be miles away but I still had to get all dolled up.We logged onto Skype just before dinner, made sure everything was ready to go and promised each other we'd be back soon after getting dinner. I met up with Kayla, Kevin and a couple others at the bottom of the tower and we walked to the Cate dining center. We chatted about past Valentine's days, I got teased for my plans this year, and how sweet the freshmen BSU boys had been by throwing a precious pre-Valentine's dinner for all the girls on Wednesday. Kayla and I had gone and loved it!

The night went off pretty well, but the logging off of Skype reminded me how constant our distance apart was. The six hours weren't ever going to get closer...and spring break still seemed so far away. Something just always seemed off, I missed M but not like I felt I should...I was incredibly happy at OU but it broke my heart to think about a break-up with M...and ultimately I still enjoyed dating M and a break up was far out of my mind...my prayer journal was the one thing to give me solace, praying for wisdom from the Lord on our relationship was a constant.



The next few weeks were a whirlwind including everything from projects and exams to homework and phi lamb events. Fun and terribly stressful all at once. I began praying for peace and strength more than I ever had before. One passage was ever on my heart these days:
Proverbs 3:13-18
Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returned than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare to her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed.

Phi Lamb Spring Retreat

Phi Lamb Spring Retreat

Phi Lamb Sock Hop, my girlfriends came even though I was the only one in it...

My roomates for the coming school year! (and one day best friends!)

What's a night in college without Sardines on the found 4th floor of the union...a fun night


post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

3 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! Love this, friend! ANd love love the verse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely verse and so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...that pre vday dinner is the cutest thing I've heard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover