Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hairpin DIY

Guys I've been meaning to post this ALL SUMMER! 
But hey, now it's just a great back-to-school slash summer-into-fall diy for you!
This hairpin DIY is so incredibly easy!


At the beginning of the summer, like early May, I pulled an article out of a Cosmo magazine that I got in the mail, for free, about a sweet and easy DIY that I was determined to try out. In June I finally did and I have to tell yall, this is a winner!


If you're anything like me, you wear bobby pins often, especially on the hot days, especially if you have bangs. I've got blonde hair so I typically wear the blonde bobby pins, they "match" my hair but they still sorta stand out. But now, with this DIY they stand out in a good way.


This DIY is literally as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Grab some bobby pins/hair pins and your stash of nail polish.
2.  Slide the bobby pins onto a thin piece of cardboard, I used the edge of a contact paper box, a sandwhich box would work as well.
3.  Paint the hair pins with your nail polish color of choice and let dry.
And that's it! 



I've been wearing my coral and mint ones like crazy...I'm just living it up in this season where my favorite color is so in! 

What color would you paint your hair pins?



Pearls
- Blonde hair pins were certainly easier to paint with the light colors but the dark ones held the deep, rich colors way better...so yep it's a toss up
- I ended up sliding the hair pins onto a aluminum paper box top in order to paint them and get the edges without holding them and half painting my hands.
- For best results spray them with a clear spray paint or nail polish and let dry overnight.

post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

4 comments:

  1. yay! so easy. Though I admit I giggled when you mentioned Cosmo...I'm so old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and easy! Thanks for sharing this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, so pretty, so easy and perfect for my hair that needs to pinned during warmer spring weather around the corned

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I always have a mess of bobby pins everywhere, but I love the idea of painting them - maybe I wouldn't lose them so often!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover