Monday, July 8, 2013

Life&Love: The Beaver Deed

This is a post series that I'm writing about Kevin and I's love story, read about why and how I'm doing this, as well as all the prior posts under the Life&Love page.
All previous posts here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was in Florida with my mommy and sisters hanging out, still on Christmas break, when I got the call from Kevin. We'd kept up over emails,  got to love gmail, but we'd never really done the talk on the phone thing before, seeing his name flash on my phone startled be a bit but I answered, "hello?"

He answered in an excited yet somewhat concerned tone and proceeded to tell me about a rather large beaver that, of all things, he'd just run over with a van, the day before. Yes, a mini van to be exact. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh or be concerned. Kevin kept talking about all the little things leading up to that point, the size of the beaver, the state of the van and their plans.

They, Kevin and three other guys, were on route to Florida for the National Championship Game. Kevin had taken the driving reigns and ended up hitting a beaver straight on which actually did some considerable damage to the vehicle.

It was a phone call I would never forget. The call has surprised me. The story had surprised me. The guy had surprised me. Of all the friends he could call, he chose to call me first. 

It took me a very long time to understand why ...

The dead beaver.


post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

2 comments:

  1. Haha too cute!, but poor beaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love that he called you about something like that. :-) I do feel bad for the beaver, though... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover