Friday, July 12, 2013

DIY Instagram Scrapbook

If you're anything like me, you LOVE your instagram account but have you ever wondered how to organize them in such a way to keep them? Maybe you want to frame them? Maybe you want to print them?

I've seen several ideas from this awesome framed collage to the magnets...but guess what, they all require space...space I don't exactly have. I know the truth, I take a bajillion instagram photos...my whole refrigerator would be covered in them, and I'm just not into that cluttered look. And I love the collage framed out in your living room etc but I have like zero wall space in this home...so that's out for me too.


Then one day it dawned on me! I can make my own collages...and I can do them month by month...this way I stay on top of them...and they are organized...winning this little organizer's heart! 

But then the question was how or what do I do with them?

And those answers came to me too! Why not combine two of my favorite things, scrapbooking with instagram photos?

SO I've decided to make 12x12" collages of the instagram pictures my husband and I take for each month!
Eventually, I'll get each 12x12" sheet printed and slide it into a scrapbook that coordinates with that month...how easy is that?


Here's the step by step DIY:
1. Head on over to Instaport! It's the easiest way to download all your instagram photos, and no I'm not reviewing this company for any kind of credit, I googled and found them and LOVED how it worked. So go for it! You can donate to their website when you get them downloaded or you can just download. I'm on a budget so I didn't download this time...maybe in the future. A plus is you can choose to download everything you've take in instagram or from this to to that date or back this number of photos, etc...which gives you a great range and ability to do it every month or go all the way back, etc.

2. Organize the photos into months...this will be easiest if you're able to keep up with it and do it at the end of each month but it wasn't bad since when you download them, the date is in the title of the image.

3. Collage time! I like to use Google Picasa, if you need more instructions on how to make a collage in this program, just ask! It's SUPER easy! This is the program I use to make buttons and all kinds of blogging things! It's free but you do download it to the computer.
***Here's the one catch...you have to have an even amount of rows and columns in order to use the square format. I've created a blank photo spot for those months that I don't have quite enough to make that work. I made mine in photoshop, the size you want to make this is 612x612. Leave me a comment below and I'll email you my block! That space gives you space to write in the month, etc anyhow so it works out great!
4. Save and Print! Look at it and smile!


Will you do this?
Check out the ones I've made so far!





Obviously I'm months behind, but really it doesn't take that long so I'm excited about this easy, new DIY that will keep us updated on our photos!


Pearls:
- Keep on top of this. If you don't have to go back and do over a year this will be an easy little way to keep up with all those tiny square photos. Aim to do it at the beginning of every new month, set a reminder on your phone or calendar!
- Even if you're not a scrapbooker. this is easy! Create the collages and then buy a scrapbook, simply slide each collage in, no need for all the scrapbooking accessories!
-You can get 12x12" prints at most photo printing places since so many people are into printing their scrapbook pages. If you have trouble finding a place, let me know!

ps: the top two spots for sponsorship are open on my blog! Don't miss out! Check it out here.

post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

6 comments:

  1. good to know! I tried a few collage apps on my phone and just didn't like how they worked so I said forget it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I'm sure you'll love that you do this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.My.Goodness. I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS DIY! Hello, my name is Bri and I'm an Instagram addict. :-D Seriously love this idea! I'll be coming back hopefully later this afternoon to really read up on the directions you've listed here and get started on this ASAP! Now if only my husband would get on the IG train....hmm...

    Thanks so much for this amazing idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really a great and practical idea--it doesn't require too much work to turn them into scrapbook memories, that way! I do get nervous sometimes about having all of my photos stored only digitally. You feel a little safer when you have both digital and hard copies, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover