Friday, July 5, 2013

Don't Blink

Who's heard that song?
Don't blink
"just like that you're 6 years old and you take nap
you wake up and 25 and your high school sweetheart became your wife..."

I used to think how true this song when I was in high school...HIGH SCHOOL...yall everyday is going faster than the one before! I'm just trying to figure out how to enjoy each moment as much as I can...

Today I wanted to do a little recap of the week and celebrate my friend's wedding, which I posted about here, since my husband finished the highlight video he'd been working on for them!


On Monday, I finally got the next part of our love story up on the blog.
On Tuesday, I finally put Lauren's design concept board up and I loved it! It was so outside of my comfort zone but I think it's become one of my favorites. Please go check it out and tell me what you think!
On Wednesday, I hosted a giveaway and my very first  shop my closet so be sure and swing by that post to snatch up some cute clothes and possibly win a new necklace!
On Thursday, it was the 4th of July!!! Love me some independence day celebration! It's literally one of the best holidays because we celebrate our nation and there are always fireworks! And who doesn't love fireworks? You better believe they'll be a recap of that up on the blog coming here soon!
On Friday, oh wait that's today, Today, I'm finally painting my dining chairs! Yep took that extra day off of work and decided to get this project done. YAY!!!! You have no idea how excited I am about this! They'll be painted YELLOW and then next weekend I'm hoping to get them re-upholstered! And then I will finally check that off my list! I'm hoping to try re-vamping my nightstand too...we'll see how far I get.
AND on Saturday I'm going to the benefit concert in none other than my alma mater's stadium! Can't wait to see my best girlfriend and enjoy the show. Toby Keith and many others...here we come!
I also got a wonderful, blessed, surprise this week! I'm going to FLORIDA!!! I get to go see my family and be a part of a much prayed for baby coming in the family. Bring on girl time with my mommy, sisters, aunt, cousin and grandma!


Okay,  and finally Saxon's wedding video! Hooray! Isn't my husby the best? I can't wait to get him a real camera to shoot with...phones and tablets just don't give you the true quality! 
 
To Saxon and Tyler,  don't blink because life just goes faster and faster. Don't forget to look back on your special day as often as possible, enjoy the little moments and celebrate every moment. Rely on Jesus to get you through the tough moments and thank Him for the beautiful ones. When you feel like giving up remember the Lord has never given up on you and allow His love to radiate through yourself to each other. Marriage is the best, treat it as such! Love yall!


What are yall up to?
Did you see the concept board this week? What did you think?
Did you enjoy Saxon's wedding video? Her wedding was the Lakeside wedding I posted about. Catch all her photobooth props up close on her blog here.
ps: Have a fabulous holiday weekend!!!


post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

8 comments:

  1. That video is adorable! What song was that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marley, it is Life in Technicolor by Coldplay. :)

      Delete
  2. Life does go by crazy fast! I can't believe I've been out of college over a year already...and been married for over 2.5 years. Each day speeds by!
    That project you're working on with your chairs sounds awesome!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting Veronica! You and Kevin both worked so hard to help us on the wedding, we appreciate you two! :) Love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video was so sweet! Precious memories for them to always remember!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your instagrams about your chairs! Can't wait to see how they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found this today, and it's so sweet! I love how the trees are blowing and everybody's clapping and the music seems so happy at the first kiss :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover