Thursday, June 6, 2013

SPD: Homemade Spinach Artichoke Dip

Homemade Spinach Artichoke Dip
Yummyness Yall!

And yes that's how I'm going to explain it.

Several, and I mean several, weeks ago I posted on instagram a picture of homemade Spinach Artichoke Dip when Kevin and I were participating in Spring Break in the Working World. You guys responded so much to it that I thought well I better go ahead and write up a little post on this! And you know, time got away from me and now here we are basically over a month later with the recipe...oops.
This post actually went live on GreenMountainCouple's blog a couple weeks ago but in case you missed it here it is today!!


I had a hard time tracking down the recipe I used but I finally found it on Closet Cooking. Essentially the only thing I'd change from her recipe is less sour cream. You could taste it in almost every bite and it was just a bit too much. I also didn't use the chili sauce...we didn't have any so I just went without.

My favorite thing to eat with it is some toasted bread. I just picked up to a french loaf of bread from Walmart, sliced it up thinly, drizzled some extra virgin olive oil over top them (on a cookie sheet) and slid them in the over (350degrees) for about 10 minutes (until just crispy on the top). You can also serve it with carrots and celery if you want to try and make it seem healthier (it's not friends, sorry). Most restaurants will serve it with tortilla chips, we were out so we substituted fritos which was great!

I'd like to try Gina's Skinny version next!

Go check out the recipe HERE! I see no reason for copying and pasting it into my post, not my words to copy and her explanation is perfect.

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. omg you stop right now... this is like my fave thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my own spinach artichoke dip a couple of weeks ago too, and it was so yummy! I had actually said though that I wanted to try and find a skinny version for next time though, so I'm glad you posted a link to one! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM! I LOVE spinach artichoke dip :) We had the spinach artichoke fondue at the melting pot and it was DIVINE!! Will have to try this recipe out :)

    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really yum! I mus try it soon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover