Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Our Humble Home Scene: The Nook

"‘I know not, Miss Elizabeth,’ said he, ‘whether Mrs. Collins has yet expressed her sense of your kindness in coming to us; but I am very certain you will not leave the house without receiving her thanks for it. The favour of your company has been much felt, I assure you. We know how little there is to tempt any one to our humble abode. Our plain manner of living, our small rooms, and few domestics, and the little we see of the world, must make Hunsford extremely dull to a young lady like yourself; but I hope you will believe us grateful for the condescension, and that we have done everything in our power to prevent your spending your time unpleasantly....the humble home scene'"-Pride and Prejudice (chapter 38---any chance to throw some Pride and Prejudice in, I take!

I share these photos with a forewarning, an interior designer I may be but an interior designer dream budget I do not have. Kevin and I do the best we can with our current budget and while I dream of what our one day house will be like, I am perfectly happy with where we are now and what we have now. That's not to say I don't have a few projects in the works for our little place, though.

My home, and maybe yours too, may not look like pinterest but it's home and it's comfortable and it's a sweet place because it's the first place my hubby and I have ever lived in together, it's where we began newlyed life, it's where we welcomed Paisley, it's where we'll live for at least another year...and so for all of that it is full of memories and thus it has to be remembered, however uninteriorly designed it might currently be. I loved Rachel's post on this topic a couple weeks ago, go read it! (and come back next week to hear Rachel's story!)


Last month I finally got with it and posted our bedroom up here on the blog, thanks to  my blog bestie, Samantha. Today I'm sharing with you my craft nook! Under the stairs of our little town home is a small space that when the sofa covers up half perfectly fits my triangular fold out table from IKEA, my beautiful white chairs that I won from my design portfolio in school and some cubies organizing all my crafting and scrapbooking goodies!

Take a look:
ps forgive the phone quality of these pictures...

Here you can see my DIY magnetic board on the wall, and my cross collection

OFS chairs I WON for my portfolio in school.


Cups I picked up for the wedding became the perfect place to store those pretty little crafting items

A better look at my little DIY magnetic board

More sweet cups, jars and vases storing all great crafting needs



And yes, if you're thinking those look like carpet tiles, well they are!


Where do you put all your crafting items?
post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are an ID. Looove getting cool ideas from you. And just in time for our move too! haha. Love this, & YOU! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jars for supplies, cute idea!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of this!! SO crafty ;) At the moment my craft stuff is everywhere due to the tight space we have in our place at the moment. After we move though I'm looking forward to being more organized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little creative nook! I love it!!! :-) Thankfully, we have a 2 bedroom apartment so the other one is a library/craft room. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover