Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chicago! {part one}

Gracious it's taken me a long time to get this up and running!
We went into busy beaver mode upon our return home and then last week was a whirlwind (you can read about our experience here) and it just didn't feel right to post all about a fun vacation yet.
So here we are, nearly two and half weeks later. oops

Burns May Vacation

On Monday, May 6th, our vacation began! We had to finish up packing and get Paisley ready for her week away. Before we dropped her off (shortly before lunch) we took her for her first walk on our beloved campus (which you've already seen).
Then we headed home to wrap up the packing, eat a quick bite and make the drive to the airport for our FIRST non-stop flight since I don't know when! You have no idea what a ridiculously happy small thing this was for us.

We arrived late to Chicago and ordered Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza to be delivered to our hotel room, as specifically recommended by my sweet friend Holly.
IT WAS DELICIOUS and we are totally hooked!
We spent the entirety of the next day exploring as much of Chicago as we could. We walked over 9 miles (as my awesome pedometer told me), and took a 2 hour segway tour...it was a FULL and wonderful day!
We took a BILLION pictures so today I'm just sharing a few:


We rode the train from the airport to our destination...



pretty flower boxed outside our hotel
























*more pictures to come!
post signature
Be sure to swing by this lovely lady's blog:

9 comments:

  1. Lou's is the best! I might get my Chicagoian card taken away for saying this but I love their thin crust (I'm not a deep dish person) next time you come and visit you must try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....looks like you had a really awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks like you had so much fun! I know you had said you did a lot but man, you really did make it all over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures!! You look so beautiful, and it looks like a blast!! =)
    And now I want pizza!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of te photos!! And love all of the flowers around Chicago!

    Heather
    Honeebeeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these photos!! I'm so glad you guys had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys had an amazing vacation! I'm so glad you had a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to Chicago 4 or 5 times in the last four or five years and I've yet to actually take a picture with the Bean. I've only seen in from a distance. :P One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such an awesome trip! I've always wanted to visit Chicago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover