Thursday, April 4, 2013

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it! Sunglasses Framed

This was an awesomely easy diy that I'm so glad I pinned! I LOVE how it turned out and even Kevin is glad I did it. I think we'll keep this one around for a while.



The instructions from the original DIYer were great but I took the ease of this diy to a new level with my favorite crafting tool, the hot glue gun. I simply measured where I wanted the ribbon, cut them to fit, spread a line of glue on one side, pressed down until it was firm and then pull the ribbon taught and pressed the other end into a line of glue on the opposite side of the frame, obviously, holding until firm. Tadaa!

Your first view into our bedroom, ignore the fact that our bed is not made please, but hey that is the headboard I made! I also made the wooden box picture frame on the dresser, with the heart sticking out of it...(it's a vase but flowers die easily up in that space)


I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who is the least bit handy with a hot glue gun. Easy cheesy lemon squeezy yall!


DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY I'M COHOSTING WITH MY BESTIE SAMANTHA!!! CLICK HERE!
Pearls:
- Any size frame will work, I had these two laying around...the "glass" part was plastic and the backing was super lame (dollar store frames yall) so these worked perfectly.
-They've been up for about 3 weeks now and I still love them and they're still holding up perfectly.
- Use the sunglasses/glasses to measure where to put the ribbon..that's my best trick!

Linking up with:

post signature

15 comments:

  1. I love it! & I love all your jewelry & pictures too!
    So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I need to givet this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned this too! I really like how you used smaller frames. Yours look great! :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned this a while ago too. I neeeed to get on it! Yours came out great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this too and LOVE it. I'm really thinking I need to do this!! Thank you for linking up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic idea! I am always losing my sunglasses all over the house! I will be pinning this for sure!

    xoxo, Lindsay
    www.llstyling.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I think I need to make one for our bedroom or maybe for the breezeway so we can just grab them on our way in/out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! This is such a wonderful idea! I love that you just used a hot glue gun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute way to display things! Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your DIY turned out so great, Veronica! Almost exactly like the pin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Just wanted to pop by and let you know your blog was featured on this week’s Wednesday Weekly Review #24! (http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/04/wednesday-weekly-review-24.html) Congrats!! Thank you SO much for being a sponsor of Blue Eyed Beauty Blog. It’s been much appreciated! Be sure to stop by ad grab an “I was Featured” Button!! (http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/p/grab-button.html)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    P.S. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!!! It's so cute (and I wouldn't have noticed your unmade bed if you hadn't said something)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute idea. I love it! If I had more than one pair of sunglasses I'd make one myself :)

    Lauren
    http://choosingjoy7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover