Monday, April 15, 2013

Construction Zone: God at Work

In my lack of posting last week, I took a little more time in my time with the Lord to really hunker down and think through the passages and devo I'm reading. WOW! That's all I can say. The Lord has really taught my heart where it's been going wrong and convicted me to make some changes. It's hard. It hurts. BUT it's good and I'm excited. I feel overjoyed by the lessons He's bringing and I'm anticipating some great changes in my day to day life...changes that affect the way I speak, and act around others..the way I shine God's light.

Currently, I'm reading through the Bible again. I've started and stopped and started and stopped probably a zillion times since I was in the 4th grade. I think I did actually read it all the way through once, but I don't remember it well...it was on a scheduled plan and I checked my boxes everyday,or just about. About a year ago I told myself to really get at it. Read through the Bible...but not on a planned schedule...no, this time I was going to read the Bible as I could take it. What does that mean? I would read and when something would really hit my heart or mind or both I'd slow down and read again, or research, write it out, pray it out, figure it out. I wanted to know the Bible, not just read it. I wanted to be changed by the everyday passage reading, not just check a box.

I'm in Psalms now. That's right, a year through and I'm only in Psalms. Sometimes that's defeating. Sometimes, I feel like I'm failing...but then I think... What?! That doesn't even make sense. I feel like I'm failing at reading the Bible? You can never fail at reading the Bible. God uses every moment. Even my checked boxed reading, God used.

I'm getting onto a rant...I'll stop myself before this becomes ridiculously long.

Overcome The lieI guess my point is...give God the time He needs to really work in your heart, to make a difference in your life, and to bring you to a greater place with Him. You can't do this on your own, you can't do this with your hands, you can't do this even with the help of your husband...you can only do this with GOD! If you're ready to give God some time to move and work, join me and Kalyn as we take on the Overcoming the Lie 40 Day  Challenge. It'll be a time to learn more about the love of God, allow Him to work in you, and to partner up with another sister in Christ like yourself. Don't be scared away by time...God will give you time, you just have to accept it and use it for Him.

Learn more about the challenge HERE and email HERE to let them know you want to join. 

Some other posts that really hit home this week and caused me to think and reflect on Christ's calling on our lives, be in the world but not of it were Caroline's Thursday blog post and an article from Relevant. Read them! They aren't long and I promise you'll benefit!




post signature

5 comments:

  1. Yes! I am excited you have joined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I love the Psalms :)

    Just found your cute and inspiring blog, and excited to read more. Now following ya via GFC!! :)

    XO
    Erin

    www.sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing the challenge too! Signed up over the weekend :) So excited and I NEED to talk to you...gotta chat this week! Will be praying for you!

    <3 YOU
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweety, that's awesome that you're digging so deep into the Word! I think being in Psalm after a year is a perfect speed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so excited you are doing this! i cannot wait for more heart posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover