Friday, January 4, 2013

Baseball Cap Organization DIY

My husband has all kinds of baseball caps...I mean a TON! I don't know how he does it but he seems to randomly accumulate them all the time..especially when he was in college. After we got married and moved in together I knew we had to find a solution for them. Hanging them around the perimeter of our room like he had them in his dorm wasn't going to work.

We bought what we thought would be a great solution at Bed, Bath and Beyond...and I'm sure it would be if his hat collection wasn't double what the organizer was supposed to hold. It's awful ..hats are constantly falling and I've had it.

Right before Christmas I was on Pinterest...of course...and discovered this nifty solution. I had full intentions of following her guide to a T. I loved the way it looked and thought it would be perfect.

I went to Walmart and began picking up the supplies when I walked by the curtain rod aisle...and my mind started thinking...what if I used a curtain rod instead? My husband's hat collection is a big... a pole would hold more than a hanger...and wood hangers aren't always cheap...so I stood on the aisle for quite a while and went home with a faux oiled rubbed short curtain rod. It was super cheap, and I'm sorry I can't find it online, I forgot to get a good picture too...but if you can find the tension rods and those cheapo white rods then you'll find it.

So, around $2 bucks for two containers of the hooks, $12 bucks for two curtain rods...$14 fix=YES!


Supplies:
- C-hooks (these are perfect because they actually clasp, those hats won't fall ever!)- they come in clear, white and frosted
- curtain rod
- hats
- less than 10 minutes of time
- drill or screwdriver to adhere the poles to the wall.

How-to:
one: Open the package of hooks and hook them into the backs of the caps, then close the clasp.
two: Open the package of curtain rods and follow instructions on the package to adhere to the wall.
three: Slide the hooked hats onto the rods, clip the rods into place.
That's it!

Pearls:
- Some of the caps don't actually have that opening at the back, that's okay. These hooks seemed to work pretty good. They held onto the hat even though they didn't go all the way through.

- Clear out some of those caps! I successfully got my husband down to 18...that's still a lot to me though. SO that's 8 hats per pole...I really wouldn't put more than 8 at least for the length I chose.
- Enjoy this one! It's cheap, it's easy and it looks great!

13 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! My husband also has a ton of baseball caps so this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I need to do something with my hubby's hats. They take over our universe. He probably has no joke like 100 hats. When he played golf professionally, his sponsors would send him boxes FULL of hats. Ugh - boys and their hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I may do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair on your wedding pic! Such a cute blog. And great ideas! I found you via the "i love my post" hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there lovely! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! If you choose to participate, please link back to this post and comment with your link so I can read your lovely answers!

    <3 Christin

    http://lovinjosiah87.blogspot.com/2013/01/an-award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab idea! I was thinking of doing something similar to this for my scarves:)

    I'm excited to follow your blog and I'm stopping over from the blog hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I need to do something to organize my husband's ties. He has a MILLION and somehow they all have sentimental value(?) so he won't trim down his collection. Something like this could be perfect. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA this is so funny - my husband also is a baseball cap wearer - seriously, people don't recognize him without a hat. I got him the BB&B hat rack for a stocking stuffer this year - it hangs on the door and it seems to work for now, but this is a brilliant idea!! Looks really cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Veronica!! I love your blog & would like to give you an award :) http://www.shaeken.com/2013/01/a-blog-award-oh-hooray.html

    PS I will definitely be stealing this idea for my brothers' millions of caps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I followed you through the "I Love my Post" blog hop! So glad I found your blog, i'm a new follower :) Come follow back if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea! I love it...this would be perfect for my hubby's caps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are ball caps all over my house! Will be trying out something similar to this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover