Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Birthday Adventure

Reflecting on my 22nd year SO much happened! So many blessings but also some heartbreaking pains.

In no particular order, just a snippet of the blessings: I got married, something I NEVER anticipated I would do right after college, I started a career in interior design after years of just dreaming about it, I set up a home, I graduated from college, I spent my final student Christmas break with my mommy and sisters doing wedding stuff and loving our last all girl Christmas, I've spent time crafting and reading because I actually have time on the weekends for me, I watched several friends walk their own wedding aisle, I watched my sister graduate from high school and begin college, I watched my other sister step into a new role at home as the onlyish child, and I spent my final semester of college enjoying every moment as best I could with my sweet girlfriends/roomates.

In no particular order, just a snippet of some of the heartbreak: I worked through the frustrating moments and long days working on my final interior design capstone project, I struggled through criticisms of our "young" marriage, I prayed fervently for my mom and she battled cancer, I prayed for my youngest sister as she struggled through living with my aunt and her family-being away from her mom, I prayed for my other sister as she battled through her senior year of high school and driving my mom to and from doctor's appointments, I saved and worked hard to pay for our wedding, and I worked through lots of stress of all the above and others.

Yet through it all I was blessed by one handsome, loving man by my side.
and one loving Savior who was always surprising me with blessings greater than I ever imagined!

I was so blessed to begin this birthday with the best day! Kevin and I both took off work and headed out on a fun and relaxing day together.

After breakfast in bed, and gift opening, I walked down stairs to find all kinds of birthday notes EVERYWHERE! It was awesome.
Kevin likes to tease me for being just over a month older than him and thus born in the 80s

Then we headed out to get my haircut. It's been about 5 months and it was starting to get long. (how often do yall get your hair cut?) Then we drove to downtown OKC to check out the new Devon tower. Devon is a HUGE energy company here and they recently built the tallest building downtown and decked it out with all kinds of high end finishes and furnishings. We hadn't been in there yet but heard they had a great cafeteria style lunch place. It was DELICIOUS! It was all decorated for Christmas too so it was an absolutely blast to look around.


Next we headed to the mall, Helzberg sent me a postcard for some free pear earrings...FREE and PEARL? I was so there. One can never have too many pearls.

We spent the afternoon watching movies and relaxing till we had dinner with friends at a yummy Mexican restaurant...my favorite food. We finished off the evening with cake and a great time with friends at our home. SO blessed by these friendships!!


Oh yes, and husband did a fantastic job on my birthday gift!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a crazy year...I hope the next year brings many more blessings for you! and less heartache. Also those giant Christmas decorations are sooo cool. MEXICAN is my favorite food too and your watch is sooo pretty!
    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a great birthday celebration--free pearls and a husband? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are those Christmas balls at?? That is amazing! Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a big year this year, that's for sure! Last time I got my hair cut was in March. I'm getting to the point where I'll probably be chopping it off soon...I hate getting my hair cut so it's never often! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Look like you had a wonderful time.
    I just discovered your blog and am enjoying reading! New follower :)
    www.danielleatpurejoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover