Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The Vows

Your vows are a special and intimate part of your wedding ceremony. How do you choose? How do you incorporate the traditional with your own special twist? How do you do that without having to memorize or read off a notecard? With so many variations of vows out there today, and so many idea of how to write your own, it's hard to determine what vows are right for you.


Our vows were important to us. We wanted them to be personal to us but also to seed in the traditional vow lines. We scoured the internet, read wedding magazines and finally coupled together our vows. They're not our copyright words, they're a combination of various vows already written, and put together into what became our vows. And today, I'm sharing them with you.

Our Vows:
I, Kevin/Veronica, take you, Veronica/Kevin, to be my lawfully wedded wife/husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner, and the love of my life from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family, and friends, by God’s grace, I promise to continue to trust and treasure Christ above all, finding my supreme joy and satisfaction in Him.  I offer you my solemn vow to be your one true love in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to trust and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, to comfort you and encourage you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love forever and always.


What were your vows?

This picture makes me laugh...oh my.

5 comments:

  1. I love that last photo. It's like he is looking at you and thinking, "damn, I am SO LUCKY!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. love the last photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks for sharing with us! I am your new follower from the link up! Loved this post!
    We did more traditional vows because we were both too chicken to create/recite our own!
    I love this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! you two are adorable!
    cal
    my something new with you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover