Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Picture Perfect Sunset

Our colors and theme basically were pulled from a sunset. I'm obsessed with the sky, what a wonderful painting God creates everyday for us! I could go on and on about this but I'll stop there. Anyway, Kevin loves sunsets and sunrises too PLUS I could pull in my favorite color with this theme so we went with it.

As you may have already read, it rained on our wedding day. And I mean seriously hard core rained. It went from breezy, beautiful morning to rain, rain and more rain. We were incredibly thankful that it stopped just short enough for a few pictures and especially thankful it lasted long enough for some with our party.


However, the blessing didn't stop there. We timed our wedding just so that when guests would be exiting our ceremony the sun should be setting, ideal for our sunset theme...we had NO IDEA it would be so completely awesome as it was. We were blessed with an incredible, totally color saturated sunset. It was gorgeous. It was perfect. It was awesome.

And even better, shortly before the sun sunk down for the evening, our photographer snapped a few shots of us with the lovely backdrop. And here they are for you today!

















What was your favorite blessing on your wedding day?

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what gorgeous pictures Veronica! I really don't know that sunset could be any more beautiful. Thanks for sharing these with us! I would have loved to have gotten some sunset pictures at my wedding, so this is a great idea for all of those brides-to-be out there!

    Thanks so much for linking up today!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are very stunning pictures!it looks so romantic and with the added touch of the sunset, the pictures are just perfect!you looked really pretty! :)
    I'm a new follower through followers to friends and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts! :)

    hugs,
    Meg http://confettiandfireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely beautiful!! I hope I get some sunset pictures in on my day having seen these. The silhouette ones are especially stunnings. I bet you were so happy with these! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos. Found you through the Followers to Friends hop. Love your blog and looking forward for more decorating tips.

    Jessa
    lifeofasportswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - this really was magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at your beautiful photos! I considered having our photographer meet us down the road at an old barn for sunset pics after we left our wedding. Now I wish I would have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing sunset! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those are amazing pictures. You guys must have felt very blessed that the sunset was perfect that day. I can’t help but at it one by one all over again. The seventh picture is so lovely! The color of the flowers was exactly the same as the sunset which looked so good! It’s certainly a once in a lifetime picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning pictures!!!!! And your flowers stand out even more with that orange background!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my lovely readers! Thanks for stopping by and I'll get back to each and every one of you as best I can. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover